• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Never thought it would Happen to me

Well guys I finally did it. I had “the talk”......when I tell you it went the opposite way of how I thought it was going to go I couldn’t contain my tears. I couldn’t wait to log on and tell you guys. I have been dating this guy for 4 months now with keeping him at a distance because I felt so ashamed of keeping me having herpes from him. I felt I wasn’t worthy of finding love and that no one would want to be with me because of it. But joining this community has lifted my self esteem as well as building my courage to disclose to him. We had the conversation in a comfortable setting and he wanted to talk about taking our dating to the next level as far as being exclusive. He didn’t expect for me to tell him this. While I told him about what I had, I made sure that I educated him on the virus as well as if we were to be intimate safe practices, medication that I take etc. I made it clear that he can ask me anything for clarity. His response was nothing that I thought it would be. He asked me is this what I been carrying around this whole time and why I won’t let him in. I told him yes. He said me telling him this is not going to change the way he feels about me as well as wanting to grow and be with me. All I could do was cry. He told me all he want is me that means all of me. I just fell into his arms because it just felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe easy now. I felt so stupid because I allowed this virus to control my thinking, my life and how I interact with people. I’m telling you guys if someone is really for you or into you trust them. You will know when it feels right and when it doesn’t. I’m proof that there is love out there for all of us. Just do your part and use your best judgment. P.S I’m super HAPPY 😊 

• Like 6
  • 2 months later...

Well guys I finally did it. I had “the talk”......when I tell you it went the opposite way of how I thought it was going to go I couldn’t contain my tears. I couldn’t wait to log on and tell you guys. I have been dating this guy for 4 months now with keeping him at a distance because I felt so ashamed of keeping me having herpes from him. I felt I wasn’t worthy of finding love and that no one would want to be with me because of it. But joining this community has lifted my self esteem as well as building my courage to disclose to him. We had the conversation in a comfortable setting and he wanted to talk about taking our dating to the next level as far as being exclusive. He didn’t expect for me to tell him this. While I told him about what I had, I made sure that I educated him on the virus as well as if we were to be intimate safe practices, medication that I take etc. I made it clear that he can ask me anything for clarity. His response was nothing that I thought it would be. He asked me is this what I been carrying around this whole time and why I won’t let him in. I told him yes. He said me telling him this is not going to change the way he feels about me as well as wanting to grow and be with me. All I could do was cry. He told me all he want is me that means all of me. I just fell into his arms because it just felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe easy now. I felt so stupid because I allowed this virus to control my thinking, my life and how I interact with people. I’m telling you guys if someone is really for you or into you trust them. You will know when it feels right and when it doesn’t. I’m proof that there is love out there for all of us. Just do your part and use your best judgment. P.S I’m super HAPPY 😊 

So happy for you! ❤️ Congratulations

• Like 1

Can I ask you your opinion? I’m a man of my lower 50s and I’ve been working in the same building as this girl her last seven years she’s younger than me and I 15+ years very nice very religious and very much likes me and I very much like her we haven’t dated yet but we talked about hanging out .give her a hug last week for the first time 

What it is I don’t think she would turn on me tell on me as I don’t want my whole work to know!  Do you think it would be better to say something at the beginning so maybe it doesn’t hurt so bad if we get very close say or do I wait until I know there’s gonna be something very confusing subject for me thanks for reading 

I guess I left out the HSV 2

On 3/22/2019 at 7:55 PM, Scottybons67 said:

Can I ask you your opinion? I’m a man of my lower 50s and I’ve been working in the same building as this girl her last seven years she’s younger than me and I 15+ years very nice very religious and very much likes me and I very much like her we haven’t dated yet but we talked about hanging out .give her a hug last week for the first time 

What it is I don’t think she would turn on me tell on me as I don’t want my whole work to know!  Do you think it would be better to say something at the beginning so maybe it doesn’t hurt so bad if we get very close say or do I wait until I know there’s gonna be something very confusing subject for me thanks for reading 

I would wait until there is a level of trust established and it looks to be going towards an intimate relationship.  I don’t imagine this is something a mature, stable person would share with your colleagues just because she decides it’s not for her.  Good luck. 

• 4 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, Scottybons67 said:

@Scottybons67  I think you should wait till you get to know the girl first before disclosing, but it's great that you want to! I recently got HSV 2 from a older guy I was dating (15+) I too am fairly religious so it really sucked that he "unknowingly" (as he claims) gave it too me. It's amazing that you are on here and care enough to ask for advice. It's also very uplifting to see that guys actually care and want to disclose. It's important to give someone the choice to accept the risks. I hope everything works out for you, you seem like a super awesome guy!