• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ozone therapy???

Yes, there are unfortunately quite a bit of scams and hucksterish things out there to contend with. And I don’t believe that all of it is done with ill intent, by the way. Sometimes people believe they are cured of herpes if they don’t have an outbreak for a while and attribute that “cure” to a miracle change in diet or something of the sort. If there were actually an authentic cure for herpes, you would have definitely heard about it from legit sources. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I have been trying everything .  I’m paranoid to eat anything that may cause an outbreak ... I’ve been taking anything I can that says it boosts immunity.  I’m trying to pretend I’m not depressed about this . I don’t have sores right now , but things feel “off” all of the time right now .  I’m not sure how much of that is in my mind or truly physical symptoms of the virus.  I’m not sure I can do this for the rest of my life ! 

I hear you! We all have gone through what you’re going through to some degree. Know you’re not alone in this! 🙂 How long have you had herpes? The longer you have it, the better your body gets at naturally suppressing outbreaks. On average, it takes 6 months to 1 year for your body to build up antibodies to get outbreaks under control; after that it just gets better and better with time.

So the bad news is there is no quick fix to this as far as a cure is concerned (but if you aren’t already, look into getting on suppressive medication, which will cut down outbreaks and viral shedding by about half). Focus on keeping your body healthy in general by eating healthy, thinking healthy and not stressing yourself out. Know that most of the paranoia that comes with herpes is in our heads. Just because you have herpes for life doesn’t mean you’ll be dealing with the same symptoms or the same thoughts and feelings.

Everything heals with time. Use this time you have as an opportunity to more and more deeply accept yourself just as you are. Focus on this more holistic and long-term approach to your overall health and your physical and mental health will benefit greatly. 

You got this. You’re in the right place. We’re all here for you. Hugs! 🙂

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you .  Your encouragement means so much .  I have had HSV 1 genitally for over 15 years , but stupidly was just diagnosed recently with HSV 2.  I can’t find research anywhere that can tell me what this means for my body and transmission rates.  The HSV 1 was never a big deal physically .  I’m hoping that my body will react similarly to type 2.  It doesn’t help that I met the man I’ve been looking for my whole life right before I found this out ... we haven’t had sex ... I haven’t had the courage to tell him yet ... I’m scared to lose him & I would’ve blame him if he walked away .  I’ve met some very wonderful people here & I’m so grateful for the support .