• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Needing some support.

Was diagnosed at the beginning of November. My entire life has been nothing but crying and defeat. When does it get better? Seems like every 2 weeks I'm calling into my Dr. Having them refill my perscription. And every time I'm a huge mess feeling so defeated. Trying to eat as healthy as possible, working out as much as possible but fear it'll just make it worse, I don't drink too often and when I do I drink vodka water to make sure sugar content is low....  Just feel like my life will never get back to having hope and happiness. Any suggestions? 😞

• Sad 1

It does get easier with time. This is only a skin condition it just has the issue of being on the naughty bits so is given a bad rap. Im 5/6 years in and barely even think about it. I was misdiagnosed during initial OB so went a year without knowing but when I finally found out My OBs were bad ( after a year w/o any no less) so the stress of the knowledge was part of the issue, as was a kidney stone wrecking havoc with my plumbing. I found a support group locally, was mainly a social group and went out a few times to group dinners. helps alot seeing people going about life and dating ( several discordant couples in group). Remember, this isnt going to kill you, just cause an itchy bump here and there, you got this!