blessedheart89

What are the odds?

I have HSV 2.  Have had it since 2015, and I have been unmedicated and asymptomatic since my first outbreak.  

I recently began dating someone new.  We had the talk, I answered his questions to the best of my ability.  We decided no sex for now, fooling around was optional.

He went down on me last night.  This morning he has a sore kinda chapped spot on the corner of his lips (like the actual corner of his mouth).  He didn’t suggest anything but of course I had the “oh shit did I give him bad information about the extremely low odds of transmitting genital hsv 2 to his face?!”  thoughts.  

Please reassure me that the odds of this are slim and even so, he wouldn’t have symptoms so fast right?! Right?!

Greetings @blessedheart89

From the information available online, you are correct. Oral HSV2 is indeed uncommon. Also symptoms take longer than one night to appear; typically around 48 hours. The chapped area on his lip is likely caused by something else. In my opinion, you both can rest easy.

Yep agree with the other guys above, just  not going to happen like that!

I think it can be in the head for the H- person, like the placebo effect.

I've had ghsv2 for almost 6 years and my husband has never got it on his face. It's very unlikely. Hope everything turned out ok