• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Non-Stop outbreaks

I've seen this posted a lot and I have to say I am sort of relieved to see I am not alone.

I have had herpes for 5 (almost 6 years in March) The first year was brutal but it died down and I got really mild outbreaks, a rare sore twice a year in the same spot, that wouldn't even open up and would be gone within a week. In October I got a sore that would not go away, it took about 4 weeks and since than I have had back to back outbreaks. The one I currently have now is in a brand new, never had it there before spot and is bleeding, and extremely painful. I know keeping stress levels down is important but this non-stop outbreaking has made my anxiety peek to a whole new level. I just recently got diagnosed with rosacea, but for about 2 weeks I was convinced I somehow transferred HVS2 to my face!!!!! Now I'm freaking out about transferring to other parts of my body (like my hands) or worst my child. I have been on valtrex, 1000mg daily since I was diagnosed, I just started taking L-lysine again because I am at my wits end. I don't drink, I've lost over 100lbs in the last two years, eat healthy, exercise and cannot seem to fight this off. I have a very stressful job but even last year when my life was really stressful it didn't even pop up once. I'm at my wits in ends guys, Is this normal for this virus to ramp up from time to time... Will it ever stop?

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had an answer, but you definitely aren’t alone. It will be one year for me this month and I’ve consistently had outbreaks twice a month for the entire year. The one I have now is pretty bad. Antivirals make the outbreaks less severe, but I haven’t found anything to completely stop it. For the first 6 months I told myself I could get through and it would be better. The next 6 months I  told myself maybe it would be better after a year. Now I’m just accepting this may be my life. 

Medical marijuana is legal in my state. There is a cream with thc that usually helps outbreaks for me. If it is legal in your state it may be worth looking into. 

Ive also found that when I have a very stubborn outbreak if I switch to 1000 mg twice per day (given the ok from my doctor for this dosage) it will clear it up. Talk to your doctor about how high you can go on your antivirals to see if that will put it back into a more quiet state.