• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Oral hsv2

Do you have oral HSV2? Only about 1-2% of all oral herpes cases are HSV2, which makes it quite rare. And for those who have it, the outbreaks will be less (in both intensity and frequency). That said, for any strain of oral HSV, a topical herpes ointment should speed healing time. Have you found relief with abreva?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I’m the lucky 1-2% with hsv2 of the throat, and now apparently around the outside of my mouth. I have genital hsv2 as well and an area affected on my right shin- all infections happened at the same time. I have not tried abreva but they advertise on their website that’s its meant for hsv1. My outbreaks have been constant- on acyclovir initially and then valtrex ongoing. I’ve seen infectious disease, a dermatologist, my primary care physician, a integrative medicine physicians assistant, and my OBgyn. 

Hi @Elle27 I have the same thing in both locations and nothing works for me either. I can tell you that I am approaching 2 years (April) and things settled down extremely at the 1.5 year mark. 

The only down side is that I started seeing hair loss at 8 months. All doctors that you mentioned I’ve been too with no help in all categories. I feel the healthcare community doesn’t understand the virus completely. I can tell you what helped was an acupuncturest and it reduced my inflammation. I wasn’t a fan to check them out, but I did get much needed relief.