• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Completely blow away and shocked

So, I got divorced after 20 years after finding out my husband was cheating on me.  I recently was at my yearly GYN appointment and asked her to do a STD panel.  When I saw the results that I had Herpes antibodies, I was floored.  I am still shocked.  I never had a clue, an idea, an inkling that I have this.  I haven't even left the house since this news and just want to know how others found out, how you dealt, etc.  Thanks for any and all info. 

Well, as I tell everyone I speak to on here, I am sorry that you found yourself on this site. A diagnosis of any life long disease is certainly not easy to accept.

I think there's a couple of things that need to be said about the information you provided. First of which is whether you tested positive for HSV1 or HSV2. A large portion of the U.S. population is infected with HSV1. If you tested positive for this, then it's really not out of the ordinary.

Secondly, there is a pretty good chance of false positives depending on the IgG score. I believe a score of 3 and below is a good indication of a possible false positive, but apparently people have had higher scores and still ended up being negative when tested with a more sensitive test.

I understand that the results may have been a shock to you, but I can tell you that you've certainly come to the right place to find out how many people are in the exact same boat.