• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Lingering pain after OB

Hi everyone,

I had my first OB in late October. It consisted of one blister and some swelling. I went to urgent care because I thought I had an infected cut and recieved the shock of my life when I got the call that next week telling me I have herpes. The OB cleared up on its own pretty quickly....but ever since it feels like the the area of skin around where I had the blister is more sensitive. Sometimes I’ll get a random sharp pain there and that spot gets irritated if I wear tight pants that rub against it. The first time I noticed it I thought I was getting another OB - but the skin looks perfectly fine. My husband and GYN have also verified everything looks ok down there. Has anyone else experienced increased sensitivity after an OB? Is this normal? Does it go away eventually? Thanks in advance for all replies!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Songbird, I am following this thread because I, myself have the exact same issue.  I shave down there and OMG the moment the hair starts growing back, I can feel the extreme sensitivity.  I've had a single one outbreak in March 2018 (my initial), GHSV1.  I am hoping it goes away over time but at this rate it will probably take many many years because I am about to reach my 1yr anniversary since my OB and I my skin is extremely sensitive.

• 1 year later...