• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV2 and other health conditions (esp thyroid)

Some background info: I have had hsv2 for 6 years. Outbreaks happen maybe anywhere from 3-6 times a year and I don’t take acyclovir suppressively now but I had at one time. Now I take it only when an outbreak occurs. Was diagnosed with Graves’ disease (hyperactive thyroid) 6 months ago. I’ve had a nagging suspicion hsv2 has something to do with it as herpes of different types can bring it on. Although the internet is not specific about hsv2, I wonder if it was triggered by it. No one else in my family has a thyroid disease. 

So my question is sort of a poll. Anyone else have a thyroid condition post hsv diagnosis? Or even other conditions? Curious to know your story. 

Hi, I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism and pcos aproximately 5 years ago and i was diagnosed with h (don't know which one) like 6 months ago. I told my gynob if they influence on the ob's I have (milder than the first one but kinda frequent) and she said yes, because of the hypothyroidism suppresses the immune system and the pcos affects my hormones 🙄 big package huh... anyways, have you tried boisting up your immune system?

I was diagnosed with both type 1 & 2 a few months ago, but mine was not recently acquired. Around the same time I discovered I have multinodular goiters on my thyroid. My doctor didn't mention a connection. 

I am in the common age range of getting them, plus several relatives have thyroid issues. 

• 1 month later...