• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV1 Transmission to children

Hi Community!

i am looking for some guidance. I was recently diagnosed with 1 & 2 but apparently they are not new transmissions. My question if in regards to transmitting hsv1 to children. I have a school aged child that loves to give mommy a kiss on the lips and I think that what kills me more than anything about my entire situation is being terrified to death to kiss my daughter. I get confused because in some places I read that oral 1 is transmitted through intimate kissing but then I hear so many people say that they've had it since they were kids, which would lead me to believe that it can be passed through a simple peck on the lips. Obviously, I know not to kiss anyone with a full blown cold sore on my lip but my oral outbreaks lately seem to manifest as small bumps around my mouth that do not always fully blister. 

Im just so confused and heart broken by the thought of not being able to share this affection with my daughter that I don't know how to deal.

18 hours ago, Whymewhynow said:

Hi Community!

i am looking for some guidance. I was recently diagnosed with 1 & 2 but apparently they are not new transmissions. My question if in regards to transmitting hsv1 to children. I have a school aged child that loves to give mommy a kiss on the lips and I think that what kills me more than anything about my entire situation is being terrified to death to kiss my daughter. I get confused because in some places I read that oral 1 is transmitted through intimate kissing but then I hear so many people say that they've had it since they were kids, which would lead me to believe that it can be passed through a simple peck on the lips. Obviously, I know not to kiss anyone with a full blown cold sore on my lip but my oral outbreaks lately seem to manifest as small bumps around my mouth that do not always fully blister. 

Im just so confused and heart broken by the thought of not being able to share this affection with my daughter that I don't know how to deal.

I read that parents normally transmit it to there kids at a very young age before there immune system is strong enough to fight it off.  My son got it as a small child maybe when he was under 3 yrs old from his grandmother but it skipped me. Look into trying lemon balm theres a chapstick on amazon as well as supplements this might help with your oral symptoms. 

• Thanks 1