• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ghsv1 reinfection

Hello everyone especially to veterans

I have been diagnosed with GHSV1. I have a really minor red patch on my genital (male) which is not paining, irritating or is likea sorry. However a swab test confirmed it as GSV1. 

How often will I have severe outbreak after this? Also if my other partner is also having GHSV1 can we reinfect each other on a different body part? 

Looking for advice on this

Chances are all future outbreaks will be less than the one you are going through. For the majority of people, their immune system‘s build up more and more immunity leading to less and less outbreaks, both in quantity and severity.

And if your partner has antibodies for the same strain, then re-infecting each other on different body parts is going to be similar to the chances of you re-infecting yourself (known as autoinoculation), which is small after you have built up enough immunity (usually after about a year).

Hope this helps! 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: