• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First outbreak is nearly over, end of 10 day antivirals, what's next?

I am so scared of what's next...

I don't have insurance so my plan is to take a multivitamin, oil of oregano, vitamin c, vitamin d, and l-lysine. I also plan to restart my low carb diet I was on pre-outbreak - eliminating peanuts and coffee, and sweet tea. 

I am so fearful of recurrent outbreaks. This was literally one of the worst experiences of my life. I have never been so miserable and in pain. Truly contemplated ending my life pre-percocet.

Is there anything else I need to do? 

I have no idea if they do, but maybe contact your local Planned Parenthood or if there is a community clinic in your area contact them to see if they offer valtrex at a low or no cost to you. IMO if you don’t have health insurance you should definitely be signed up with a community clinic in case something does come up. For me I always feel better knowing I have a bottle of valtrex on hand in case I feel any tingling 

• Like 1