Welcome to the new-and-improved forums! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Belle85

Treating external symptoms of GHSV, looking for product recommendations

Hello all,

First time poster, but have been reading this forum for months and find it super helpful and supportive. I am looking for experiences/product suggestions relative to external care of GHSV. I remember reading another thread that emphasized the importance of taking good care of the area but I am looking for more details and would appreciate brand specific suggestions. I would like to know what kind of soaps are safe to use and also wondering if there’s a moisturizer that is safe for external areas. I am a female diagnosed with Type 1 last August after a terrible initial outbreak and have had minor outbreaks for the last few months. They seem to be getting better in that they are less in number and intensity, yet still I feel like I am constantly dealing with some symptoms. Which I’m sure you all know starts to mess with your head a bit! The location of my outbreaks is mostly on the mons pubis so I *think* it is safe to apply stuff to this area as it is external. I also suffer from eczema at other locations on my skin (exacerbated in winter) and overall dry skin, so I’m kind of wondering if there’s a bit of that going on down there too. Any insight would be much appreciated.