• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How long after infection did your OB appear?

Ok I'm a 30F with GHSV2 for over a year now. When I first got infected I had unprotected sex. It took only a week before I had a bad OB with multiple bumps on my vaginal lips and a small paper cut near my anus. So I read that it can take anywhere to up to a few days, weeks, months, and years for an out break to occur once infected. I'm curious to know when did you experience an ob after having unprotected or protected sex with an infected person. Did it take a few days, weeks, months, or years?

I have had HSV-2 or over 20 years (probably longer), didn't find out until 7 years ago.  I've never had an outbreak, at least that I've noticed.  So I have no idea when I contracted it.  Was in a 20 year unprotected relationship and she never got it from me.

• Like 1

I was "exposed" by an ex probably 4 years prior to my initial outbreak, but the guy that said he had it denied it years later. I assume I got it from the guy I was with when I had the outbreak because he didn't care what was going on with me and still continued to sleep with me and my blood came back negative. it was 13 months after outbreak that the virus showed up in my bloodwork and I paid extra for that since the std screen didn't include it 

• Like 1

6 days but I had mild but similar symptoms a few years ago (what I believed to be thrush and hermerroids all at once...but no cream or medication resolved anything for ages) so i could have got it a long time ago. Is it possible to have mild initial symptoms and a more severe outbreak later on? Im not sure so would really appreciate finding out

• Like 1

Took about 6 months for the first OB to show up but during those months I was having some sensational nerve pain in my leg and sometimes groin . The first outbreak actually happened a couple days after protected sex with a different person. Got tested and was told HSV 1 . I'm assuming I only have it below the waist. 

• Like 1