• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

One year of constant outbreaks

I’m looking for some hope after a really bad first year. I found out almost a year ago I had hsv 2. I’ve had an outbreak almost twice per month for the entire year. I’ve heard the first year is the worst but for those that had a similar situation, when did you see improvement? Antivirals shorten the length of outbreaks but don’t stop the amount I get. 

Im just about at the end of my rope. Is there any hope it’s going to get better?

People say that the ob's are supposed to lighten up the longer you have hsv, but I'll be honest, I'm not sure that I believed that is the case for many. I was diagnosed a few months ago when I hadn't been with anyone in a year. So apparently this is something that I've had for God knows how long. I get my check ups annually like clock work and never anything. Once the symptoms started is when I discovered like so many others that hsv testing is not part of the std panel. I randomly had a cold sore in Sept which I never remembered having before. Went to the Dr and found out I have 1 and 2 and it's kind of been hell since then. 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:46 PM, Devastated2018 said:

I’m looking for some hope after a really bad first year. I found out almost a year ago I had hsv 2. I’ve had an outbreak almost twice per month for the entire year. I’ve heard the first year is the worst but for those that had a similar situation, when did you see improvement? Antivirals shorten the length of outbreaks but don’t stop the amount I get. 

Im just about at the end of my rope. Is there any hope it’s going to get better?

You said on another post you found a doctor that diagnosed you with lyme and ebv, what did he advise you to do? Did he recommend dietary changes to allow your immune system to heal? Back to back outbreaks are a sign of an already compromised immune system. i'd like to know more about what you've tried that isn't working.

On 2/8/2019 at 1:36 AM, gorgeoustechie said:

You said on another post you found a doctor that diagnosed you with lyme and ebv, what did he advise you to do? Did he recommend dietary changes to allow your immune system to heal? Back to back outbreaks are a sign of an already compromised immune system. i'd like to know more about what you've tried that isn't working.

The doctor put me on a ton of supplements. They made me so tired that I had to sleep every 3 hours. He told me reduce them but continue. There was no improvement after a couple months and I stopped them  

He also suggested a hydrogen perodixe IV. It’s expensive so I hadn’t tried it yet, but I’m going tomorrow to try it for the first time. 

I already don’t eat gluten or dairy. I’ve now gone organic per the doctors suggestion. I haven’t cut out sugar yet. He didn’t suggest that, but I’ve read it elsewhere. 

If the Lyme diagnosis is accurate I think that’s what is causing my immune system to be unable to fight the outbreaks. 

He also ran extensive blood panels and found I had really low levels of vitamin d and b so I began taking supplements. That helps with the fatigue but not the outbreaks. 

3 hours ago, Devastated2018 said:

The doctor put me on a ton of supplements. They made me so tired that I had to sleep every 3 hours. He told me reduce them but continue. There was no improvement after a couple months and I stopped them  

He also suggested a hydrogen perodixe IV. It’s expensive so I hadn’t tried it yet, but I’m going tomorrow to try it for the first time. 

I already don’t eat gluten or dairy. I’ve now gone organic per the doctors suggestion. I haven’t cut out sugar yet. He didn’t suggest that, but I’ve read it elsewhere. 

If the Lyme diagnosis is accurate I think that’s what is causing my immune system to be unable to fight the outbreaks. 

He also ran extensive blood panels and found I had really low levels of vitamin d and b so I began taking supplements. That helps with the fatigue but not the outbreaks. 

But lyme can be cured with antibiotics. Why would you still have it?

On 2/14/2019 at 3:58 AM, gorgeoustechie said:

But lyme can be cured with antibiotics. Why would you still have it?

That is not the case for all people. It’s a very long and complicated story, but there is actually a document called “under our skin” that explains it. Insurance doesn’t cover any treatment except antibiotics for people with Lyme. But that doesn’t work for many. Not only does insurance not cover it but doctors can lose their license if they treat Lyme patients with anything except antibiotics.