• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hormonal imbalance and OBs

Have you been diagnosed with hormonal imbalance? How do you know you have this? Yes, it can cause back to back outbreaks. What remedies are you currently using? I have an aunt in ghana that drinks black cohosh tea to remedy this and swears by it. That is if your issue is hormonal related. Also curious about your weight. Herpes can be triggered by all sorts of things.

• Like 1

Hi! I have pcos and tyroid problems = hormonal imbalance and I have to say that i have ob's kinda frequent but i have to mention that i'm not taking antivirals. I always get 1 pimple during my period and sometimes in between but idk if it's because of the hormones or bc i'm kinda new to this. They have been decreasing and becoming milder tho. I got my first ob 7-8 months ago. Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 4:53 AM, gorgeoustechie said:

Have you been diagnosed with hormonal imbalance? How do you know you have this? Yes, it can cause back to back outbreaks. What remedies are you currently using? I have an aunt in ghana that drinks black cohosh tea to remedy this and swears by it. That is if your issue is hormonal related. Also curious about your weight. Herpes can be triggered by all sorts of things.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, Justwanttobenormal said:

I've done research and hormonal imbalance can cause outbreaks? Anyone going through this?! I'm so sick of having outbreaks! It really takes a toll on me 😞 I call out from work and dont feel like doing anything. July 2019 will mark 2yrs I've had this virus! 

Yes i have pcos:(

I too have pcos and have been wondering about the relationship between the two as well! I am in my first outbreak right now so I can't tell you how it will affect me later on but I am very concerned. With this said, I currently eat a strict keto diet to control my pcos symptoms. It has been amazing, after years of gaining weight just by looking at food, going keto has enabled me to lose 70 lbs in 9 months. I was able to stop taking metformin, and various other symptoms of pcos no longer exist. Perhaps exploring this diet could help you to regulate your hormones and thus positively impact your H experience. I have also been reading a lot about diet and herpes triggers. It seems that foods such as nuts, corn, and chocolate can greatly impact outbreaks. If keto is not a lifestyle you would benefit from then perhaps removing those from your diet could help. Please keep us updated as much as you feel comfortable about your pcos and H experience. I would love to learn more from you and I am here if you need an ear be it for H or for pcos.