• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dont know what I am going to do

I just found out I have hsv1 genitally. Well shit I have no if I have it orally too. I have never had a lesion on my mouth but who knows. I don't know how long I have had this... But i am miserable and very depressed. I have a 3 year old and I'm so scared about spreading it to her or if I have had this during birth and didn't know it. I am scared no one is ever going to want me... I just feel so worthless and so disgusting. I dont know how I am going to mend from this. 

I found out 4 months ago that I have HSV2. Had it for over 10 years before finding out I had it via a blood test. Have never had symptoms. I felt the same way. I just disclosed to the man I'm seeing on Saturday and he completely and immediately accepted it, no questions asked. There are good men out there who are not afraid of it, who understand it, and who are okay with it. You'll find that out when you're ready to get out there and date. I am not going to lie, I was scared to tell him, but he seriously did not care about that at all. 

I do. I have an almost teenager. I considered doing the Western Blot, but the values came back at over 8, and from what I've read, they recommend the WB for those who had results under 3.5. I was still thinking about doing it anyway, but the man I'm seeing honestly does not care if I have it or don't, and I can see myself marrying him, so I'm not going to spend the money. If it doesn't work out with him for some reason, then I might get the WB done just to confirm, but for now, it doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, Lonelygirl88 said:

And you didnt know you had it and your kid is fine... Uggh I should just stop freaking out so bad. This stupid thing just has me so scared, especially around my daughter. I just hate that my mistakes can be hers on accident some how. I hate this. 

Exactly. I never knew I had it, have shared cups and straws with my kid forever, and everything is just fine. 

• 1 month later...

@Lonelygirl88 I was diagnosed with hsv2 genital herpes over a year ago and I have a son and I too was going out my mind thinking if he shared a bath with me or cuddled me then he would get it or sitting on the toilet seat but to give you peace of mind this won't happen.

For you having hsv1 genital is actually a good thing as I had hoped it was hsv1 below and not hsv2 as with genital hsv1 your less likely to get many outbreaks at all and hsv2 is the worst to get outbreaks.

I am on suppressive therapy and I am 4 months into a relationship and haven't passed it or had outbreaks whilst on it. 

• Like 1