• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

GHSV1 Newbie

sphire

Hello everyone.

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 last December. Got it in childhood. Unpleasant topic.

I haven't dated or even kissed anyone before (I'm 18) and I want to have kids and a husband and a happy dating and sex life, but I feel like those things were taken from me before I could even dream of having them. I'm just so, so scared of rejection and loneliness and infecting future partners. I used to feel great about myself sexually, but now I cry often about how much anxiety I have relating to this and I feel like no one can love me and they'll just get hurt if they do choose to anyway. What's the point of trying to love someone if I'm going to hurt my lover and my future children. I feel filthy and diseased. I don't know what to do. I understand that a lot of this is emotional but it's a rut I don't know how to get out of.

Sorry for the blob of negativity, I just thought that talking about it here would help. I've never knowingly spoken to someone who had herpes before, and I was kinda hoping you all could give me some advice on how to move on with my life and somehow end up happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sphire

That is very cruel that you got GHSV1 in your childhood.

One of the most common things I read about people discovering they have this virus, is that they feel dirty & disgusting.
If you get any other virus you would not think that way so why is this any different? it can happen to anyone & as you know, it does.

I've had this 8 years plus & can honestly say, you will still be able to love, be loved, marry & have kids, that I promise you.
Yes it has its problems & rejection is the worse but luckily the world is filled with so many different people & some of them are fantastic human beings that can see past this shit & will want to take a chance on you.

You have probably spoken to hundreds of people in your life that have herpes without knowing because it is so common.

It can be a hard rut to get out of but you can get out of it.

You are young, have your whole life ahead of you & you WILL find someone to love you.

Be strong & when your ready start dating & you may find a few duds along the way but eventually your find yourself a great guy 😀

Good luck & keep your chin up!

• 4 weeks later...

I totally understand how you're feeling, I'm 22 and just got diagnosed a few days ago. It's important that you keep your head up high on your shoulders and work on staying healthy, both physically and emotionally. We have a long and beautiful life ahead of us with many ups and downs, but it's vital that we try to distract ourselves with the things that matter most to us. You are still worthy of love and happiness. If you ever want to talk or just need a friend, feel free to message me I'm here for you!

Dont consider yourself as bad or not worthy. We all are beautiful in our own ways. A virus does not define us. Everyone of us has antibodies of 100s of viruses. Why will this one make any difference ? True its a bump on the road in our personal and love life. But who knows what is waiting for us in the next turn on the road. Stay positive, stay healthy both emotionally and physically. Love will find you in due course of time. Till then enjoy other things in life. More power to you.