• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do you give it a second chance?

Just wondering here...has anybody ever disclosed, been rejected and the person comes back with a different perspective (possibly after further research on this dang virus) and wanted to try again?  If so, was it mentally challenging knowing they didn’t want to be with you from the start? 

I think people need time to research and deal with their feelings. Try not to take it personally that the initial reaction was a rejection - remember they reject the virus or the stigma of the virus and not you. (I know sometimes that's even harder bc they like you but bc of the virus they reject you which seems so unfair.) I've had a situation where I disclosed was rejected and then a week later the person came back - it ultimately didn't work out but for reasons other than the virus. And also, I am trying to think of these scenarios as at least it's one more person who now has a less stigmatized view of herpes. I am now starting to date and it is very hard to reveal such a vulnerable part of yourself to someone and being rejected. But if you really like the person I think it's worth giving it a try. After all, we are all isn't dating really just taking a leap of faith.

Thank you for your insight. Yes, this whole dating thing is a leap of faith regardless of the virus or not. Even without the virus, like in your case, I’m sure it would’ve been something else that he didn’t like about me so I guess it’s time to move on. Thank you again