• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Declined faith since exposure...

Hello,

This is my second post in a couple days because I’ve really felt compelled I guess for a sense of understanding. Prior to being exposed, I spoke to God all the time. I prayed nonstop and really felt as if though he was truly there for me in my life. When I got exposed however, no matter how much I prayed, I was still in pain. And around that time I was feeling symptoms nearly every day for MONTHS!! I felt like I was trapped. And when I turned to God, it felt like I was talking to a wall as nothing ever got better. Since then, things have improved (about one year later), but my relationship with God never recovered. I just couldn’t get past how much I prayed and how long the pain persisted. I’m reconsidering now trying to rebuild the connection but it’s very difficult. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thank you

Yes I have! I have prayed many times prior to and after getting this horrible virus and I felt like he wouldn’t help me. I screwed up and made the choice I did but I was hoping that I could get the faith back that everything will be ok. I still struggle with this daily and don’t know what my future holds because I believe apart of my life is overZ

God and I have parted ways. Im not sure if herpese is to blame or its the thing that opened my eyes.

Every relationship needs give and take. I have given everything for years and have gotten nothing in return from Him. I wish someone could explain why the God of the Bible is no where to be found 😞

I had a really bad outbreak when I contracted this virus as well. I was super angry and bitter at the ass who infected me. Then I started to take responsibility for my bad choice: I knew he wasn't trustworthy and I went forward anyway.

God didn't make me get involved with him. 

I was careless with my sexual health and now I have HSV2.

Fortunately, after 6+ years, God brought me a man who is completely into me and also is the best lover I've ever had. I disclosed my status long before we got naked and now I'm so grateful for my life, even if it does include fucking herpes.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, forgivenessandpeace said:

I had a really bad outbreak when I contracted this virus as well. I was super angry and bitter at the ass who infected me. Then I started to take responsibility for my bad choice: I knew he wasn't trustworthy and I went forward anyway.

Fortunately, after 6+ years, God brought me a man who is completely into me and also is the best lover I've ever had. I disclosed my status long before we got naked and now I'm so grateful for my life, even if it does include fucking herpes.

Thank you for this 😊 I was beginning to lose hope! Your positivity was a pleasant reply. I hope that the others who replied to this thread see this as well!

• Like 2

Hi love, it’s ok. I recently found out I had herpes when I was pregnant because I’ve had no outbreak yet but you will be able to live a normal life and find someone who accepts you for who you are and you can live a happy life. I’ve learned to love my self and love others around me at first I was pretty upset because my fiancé gave me herpes but he did not know he had that as well until I was pregnant I accepted him and forgave him although sometimes I do bash out at him for that. 

• Like 1
On 2/25/2019 at 12:34 PM, forgivenessandpeace said:

How do you decide when it is God's actions or yours (or that of someone else) that are responsible? You say that God wasn't responsible for your herpes, but that you were. He didn't make you get involved with your giver. But then, when you managed to meet someone else and he was accepting of you, it's not you or your partner that did this, but God bringing him to you. How does that work in the one case and not the other?

• 1 month later...