• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

For the women

So if there discharge I have been experiencing is from herpes since all the doctors say it's normal even though I know my body and know it's not freaking normal... How can I get rid of it? Had anyone experienced this and then got it resolved from something. I'm trying not to get on valtrex it anything like that. Is there anything else that you've tried and it worked? I just want this to go away. 

It is normal and I’ll tell you why! Due to stress, hormonal imbalance, new diets, and new lifestyles your discharge can change! 

Does it have a smell to it? How is it different? 

Surprisingly herpes is rather simple in the sense that it only causes rashes, blisters, itchiness, flulike symptoms and such. The symptoms do not change from those. 

Since my diagnosis (8 monthis ago) i have been experiencing a considerably increase of discharge and still don't know why. I have asked my gyno and she says it's a bacterial infection so she gave me meds and it worked for like a week and the the discharge came back. I have been researching and some people says it's bc of H and others say that maybe is hpv. I KNOW. WTF?!... Since i read that i've been panicking and thinking that's the reason eventho i don't present any kind os symptoms besides that one, but honestly idk. I would recommend you to get a pap smear, in there yo can discart that one and if you have a infection there should pop up :)

12 hours ago, TequilaGirl said:

Since my diagnosis (8 monthis ago) i have been experiencing a considerably increase of discharge and still don't know why. I have asked my gyno and she says it's a bacterial infection so she gave me meds and it worked for like a week and the the discharge came back. I have been researching and some people says it's bc of H and others say that maybe is hpv. I KNOW. WTF?!... Since i read that i've been panicking and thinking that's the reason eventho i don't present any kind os symptoms besides that one, but honestly idk. I would recommend you to get a pap smear, in there yo can discart that one and if you have a infection there should pop up 🙂

Since the meds worked for the bacterial that’s probably what it is. You might need to change your diet.

12 hours ago, TequilaGirl said:

Since my diagnosis (8 monthis ago) i have been experiencing a considerably increase of discharge and still don't know why. I have asked my gyno and she says it's a bacterial infection so she gave me meds and it worked for like a week and the the discharge came back. I have been researching and some people says it's bc of H and others say that maybe is hpv. I KNOW. WTF?!... Since i read that i've been panicking and thinking that's the reason eventho i don't present any kind os symptoms besides that one, but honestly idk. I would recommend you to get a pap smear, in there yo can discart that one and if you have a infection there should pop up 🙂

Did she test for this bacterial infection or did she just throw an antibiotic at it?

• Like 1

Hi I had the same issue and the doctor kept telln me I had a bacterial infection kept giving me antibiotics but it would come back but I had this feeling in my gut that it was more than just that and checked for stis. They found gonnoreah. I went on antibiotics and that cleared it up cos this time they Knew exactly what it was. Please get tested if you haven't already as these things can cause so much problems if left untreated. I don't mean to scare you and I'm sorry if that's what I'm doing but go to the doctor and screen. Your health is important. 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:26 AM, TequilaGirl said:

I also have had extremely abnormal discharge in the past like 4 months or so... I was diagnosed a year ago and didn't have this problem until an outbreak. But now it seems like its all the time... I hope to god its not hpv.... thats all i need

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are talking strictly girl stuff - does anyone else get almost UTI symptoms before an OB?

When I was first diagnosed in June, I had UTI symptoms - treated and then a week later I got a positive test for HSV2 because my symptoms weren't going away. I honestly thought it was just how some stuff was playing out. However, I recently had UTI symptoms - couldn't get into the doctor's office right away and was self managing until I could - the symptoms went away but an OB occurred.

I am starting to think UTI symptoms are a prodrome - anyone else have this? Since I reduced my daily Valtrex to 500mg/day I have noticed issues with discharge and/or yeast infection/BV.

20 hours ago, LJ1209 said:

Since we are talking strictly girl stuff - does anyone else get almost UTI symptoms before an OB?

When I was first diagnosed in June, I had UTI symptoms - treated and then a week later I got a positive test for HSV2 because my symptoms weren't going away. I honestly thought it was just how some stuff was playing out. However, I recently had UTI symptoms - couldn't get into the doctor's office right away and was self managing until I could - the symptoms went away but an OB occurred.

I am starting to think UTI symptoms are a prodrome - anyone else have this? Since I reduced my daily Valtrex to 500mg/day I have noticed issues with discharge and/or yeast infection/BV.

It really does sound like you need to go and see someone for a full evaluation. This thing shouldn't feel like a UTI at all unless your UTIs are a cakewalk. When I have a UTI, it hurts to sit down, hurts to touch my tummy (because of that burning pain in your abdomen) and it stings and burns to pee. Everyone is different but if you're getting that AND you feel a yeast / bv type of thing going on it's very possible that you have other issues going on that are making your HSV symptoms constant.