• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I think I spread herpes to my bf...depressed

Me and my bf have been together for a year and four months and he knows about my status (HSV-2 Positive). We always use condoms and I take Valtrex. Recently, he has been showing signs of having outbreaks and I think I transmitted it to him. He seems to not be as bothered about it as I am. I'm feeling so guilty and depressed. I don't know what to do. Deep down I feel like somewhere down the line he is going to regret being with me and taking the risk. I hate this feeling as if I have done harm to someone I care about. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

42 minutes ago, Notgoingthere said:

What are his symptoms? 

He got kind of sick for 4 days. There was this huge boil/blister that formed in his pubic area. It popped after he applied this balm I gave him. It burst full of blood. A couple days later another sore formed in a different spot but in same area. The second one looks like the sores I get. He has not gotten tested yet but I think he has it. 

DO NOT GIVE HIM THE MEDICINE TO POP THE BLISTERS! The best way to test is to take a sample of those blisters. Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like it! BUT ITS NOT YOUR FAULT! You were honest and he did his research and was okay with it. He made the choice and so it’s no ones fault! You did everything Right and so did he. It happens but his life isn’t over just like yours isn’t. If he doesn’t care take his word for it! 

On 2/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, panda91 said:

He got kind of sick for 4 days. There was this huge boil/blister that formed in his pubic area. It popped after he applied this balm I gave him. It burst full of blood. A couple days later another sore formed in a different spot but in same area. The second one looks like the sores I get. He has not gotten tested yet but I think he has it. 

That’s EXACTLY what I got after having sex with a HSV 2 positive female.  A fucking big ass bump that appeared in my pubic hair five days after exposure.  Didn't look like typical herpes but i never get anything like that in my pubic area.  So I knew it had to be herpes.  Lasted for weeks.  When it burst the second time, it bled like crazy.  

I’ve been dealing with herpes symptoms ever since for the last 7 months, but get all negative blood tests.  All other STD tests are negative as well.  

I was perfectly healthy before I had sex with this HSV positive woman.  Now im itching and burning in my groin and anus almost every day. Maybe five days I’ll feel normal, then the bullshit restarts all over again for weeks.  It comes in cycles just like herpes.

I don’t trust anyones advice about herpes. No one truly understands this virus. I know that I’m infected.  The medical community knows jack shit about this virus.  The blood test is fucking bullshit.  So many people probably have herpes and don’t even realize it because they cant fucking make a proper test to diagnosis it.  False positives and false negatives bullshit.  

This is a lifelong fucking virus.  There should be no fucking false anything.  Shit pisses me the fuck off.

I feel sorry for you and your boyfriend.  I truly do.  I’ve been suffering everyday with this shit.  I’ve seen numerous doctors and they all give me bullshit answers.  

“Drink more water, drink cranberry juice.”  

Yea fuck off. I wish i could give them this shit so I can look them in their fucking eyea and go tell them to drink some fucking cranberry juice.

• Like 1

Hi

Firstly don't feel so guilty, I know that its not nice to pass this to anyone but you disclosed & he thought you were worth the risk.
As he's not that bothered, that speaks volumes of what he thinks of you, what a great guy, enjoy what you have got with him.

@UnluckyMan Totally agree with you, it seems they don't know fuck all about this virus!

15 hours ago, UnluckyMan said:

That’s EXACTLY what I got after having sex with a HSV 2 positive female.  A fucking big ass bump that appeared in my pubic hair five days after exposure.  Didn't look like typical herpes but i never get anything like that in my pubic area.  So I knew it had to be herpes.  Lasted for weeks.  When it burst the second time, it bled like crazy.  

I’ve been dealing with herpes symptoms ever since for the last 7 months, but get all negative blood tests.  All other STD tests are negative as well.  

I was perfectly healthy before I had sex with this HSV positive woman.  Now im itching and burning in my groin and anus almost every day. Maybe five days I’ll feel normal, then the bullshit restarts all over again for weeks.  It comes in cycles just like herpes.

I don’t trust anyones advice about herpes. No one truly understands this virus. I know that I’m infected.  The medical community knows jack shit about this virus.  The blood test is fucking bullshit.  So many people probably have herpes and don’t even realize it because they cant fucking make a proper test to diagnosis it.  False positives and false negatives bullshit.  

This is a lifelong fucking virus.  There should be no fucking false anything.  Shit pisses me the fuck off.

I feel sorry for you and your boyfriend.  I truly do.  I’ve been suffering everyday with this shit.  I’ve seen numerous doctors and they all give me bullshit answers.  

“Drink more water, drink cranberry juice.”  

Yea fuck off. I wish i could give them this shit so I can look them in their fucking eyea and go tell them to drink some fucking cranberry juice.

For the love of god! Go next time you have a blister go and get a swab test! Those are 100% accurate! 

@UnluckyMan they have to give you a swab test! Don’t pop your next blister don’t put cream on your next blister! Leave it be and make an appointment ASAP! 

I do not get blisters anymore.  I got the one big bump in the pubic hair area at the beginning and that was it.  Doctor didn’t swab it.  She tried to convince me it wasn't herpes.  Even though I told her it appeared five days after having sex with someone who has HSV2 and that it’s unusual for me to get bumps there.  Told me I would know if it was herpes because the lesions would be painful and most likely on my penis.

Never got any of that.

I may never get anything to swab again.  But my symptoms are very real and very annoying and they never go away completely, and they all started nearly 8 months ago after HSV2 exposure. 8 months of this ongoing everyday crap.  All thanks to 5 seconds of sex.

I pretty much know what I have at this point anyways.  I don’t need a swab test anymore, so if nothing ever pops up again, oh well.

It’s just sad that herpes is so misunderstood by doctors.  There are so many stories Ive read online of people going through what I’m going through and finding no answers.  But they are dismissed because of negative blood tests, even though it’s a known fact that the blood tests are exremely inaccurate.  

It’s also a known fact that many people who have HSV don’t get lesions.  Stuff that gets mistaken as other things like ingrown hairs end up really being herpes. This is all stuff I had to learn with a simple Google search, and not from one of the various doctors I visited.  I wish I had known all this before.

But the fact is all my issues that I have started with HSV2.  After the condom broke, two days later my body went through some serious changes.  Negative blood tests be damned, I know all those changes weren’t some damn coincidence that all just managed to somehow occur at the exact same time I get exposed to HSV2.  But the doctors try to make me believe that.  I wanted to believe that I was negative, but when this shit doesn't ever completely go away, the hope and faith slowly does.

• 1 month later...
  • mr_hopp changed the title to I think I spread herpes to my bf...depressed