• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling very low after rejection

I was diagnosed 7 months ago and have had a really rough time in dealong with this.

Met a lovely guy 3 months ago and we're texting and seeing each other occasionally. Things were going really well and progressing so I disclosed last month just before I went on holiday for 3 weeks (thought perfect time to do so.)

Anyway he said he still wanted to see me so I saw him again just before I left. We then went out last night, first time I'd seen him since being back. Had a great night and ended up at mine. We were in bed and 'things happening' when he suddenly brought it up and asked if he would catch it and he didn't want to have sex. I was so upset.

I totally understand his decision but I'm just so deflated by this. After what I thought had been a successful disclosure I feel worse than ever about my situation. I'm back to crying all the time and feeling like no one will ever want to be with me. I'm really struggling.

Hi Mooeuk

I'm so sorry for you, I know how bad it is to be rejected & much worse when its someone you really like
but chin up because I guarantee you there are plenty of beautiful people out there, who will accept you for who you are.

In my experience even when you think someone has accepted your disclosure, it can change in a couple of weeks as they have time to take it all in.

I understand exactly how you feel when you say your struggling but it will get better.

Wish you all the best & hope your pain eases, big hugs!

I have yet to find someone accepting of my diagnosis. I find a lack of education when it comes to my potential partners and it sounds like your partner may have been as well.

On a positive note I have two freinds who married men with herpese. They both contracted it from them over time. They love their husbands and chose a life with them regardless of a virus.

If its the right one, they will not care and my freinds are proof that those people exist!!

• Like 1