• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Important to disclose

So I know it’s painful! The fear of being rejected for something that we can’t control is horrifying. But as seen in the picture this is why it’s our moral obligation to disclose. This woman of 22 years contracted herpes and had no idea she had it. 

When you go to a doctor and ask to be STD tested they do not always test for herpes! You have to ask!

Now most people are not aware of this but having herpes, woman can not have a vaginal birth even if you’ve never had an Ob or shown any symptoms. Due to shedding you can pass whichever type of Herpes to your baby and as a new born they can not fight it off, they’ll die. So in other words it’s so important to disclose. I’d also say I wouldn’t take the risk of having a vaginal birth even if your doctor says it’s fine. 

• Like 1

Not sure what the stats are but not all this information is correct. My brother and I were both vaginally delivered and my mother is HSV2 positive. Both of us were perfect and healthy. I got my little gift from my boyfriend when I was 23 not my brother from birth. So if you know and are careful having natural child birth is perfectly fine. 

• 1 month later...

You CAN still have a vaginal delivery if you have hsv2 the same as you CAN have unprotected sex aslong as you disclose and partner knows the risks.

I think you may have read slightly wrong. The doctors recommend if you are diagnosed with herpes in the first year that you get pregnant then it is safer to have a cersarian due to outbreaks are the highest chance in the first year of diagnosis but you can also control the outbreaks with acyclivor which is safe to take still even when pregnant.