Hi everyone, 

I'm trying really hard to not get any more outbreaks of this crap!

I'm taking Lysine supplements and avoiding nuts, chocolate, seeds, coconut and wheat. I've upped Lysine rich foods like yoghurt, potatoes, cheese etc.

Does anyone know of any other foods that have helped when increasing consumption or others to avoid?

Thanks 🙂

Mine has all but gone, I started Amitryptyline on Dec 24th. It took a good two months to work but it really has. Don't get me wrong, I can feel a twinge every now and again but it's nowhere near the constant pain and worse the constant reminder I have Herpes it once was.

I believe there are several antidepressant medications like this that they also use to treat nerve pain at low doses. I am on 10mg a night and have had no side effects from it.

Hope that helps and really hope the nerve pain subsides for you soon. I know how horrible it is.

Hi @Mooeuk! So i started taking super b-complex for the nerve issue in my anus about 2 weeks ago. Heard about the supplements on this site. 

When I wrote you I still felt something, but not as severe. I’m on day 2 of no irritation after 2 weeks of medication. This is a big deal bc I felt irritation every day/every hour since my outbreak in January. Feeling hopeful! 

@GlitterGlimmer Funnily enough I have been taking a complete vitamin B supplement for a couple of months too (along with Lysine, vitamin D, vitamin C and zinc) I didn't even realise that could help, wonder of that has calmed it all down too then.

Yes me too, every single day there was 'the feeling' and therefore a constant reminder. So glad that we don't have that every day now. If you find anything else helpful with this or breakouts let me know. Take care.

• Like 1