• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out GF has hpv-2

I met a gal three weeks ago and we are both in our 40's.  We have messed around but no sex.  The physical intimacy is fantastic.  She just told me she has hpv-2.  I cannot imagine how hard it was to tell me.  I like her a lot and I don't want to stop seeing her because of this.  What questions should I ask her before we take it to the next step?  I'm assuming no oral, sex with a condom.  If I touch her down there do I need to make sure to wash afterwards?  I have so many questions...

It's just like having a mouth cold sore, there are helplines that you can call every day and they talk you through it if you Google herpes helpline. It is mostly avoid sex on outbreaks or if it feels a little sore or tingly down there for her, but no doubt she is very aware of when this is the case and the fact she has been open with you about this shows she is responsible and can be trusted. There are plenty of couples that on my one person has it and never gives it yo the other person, I haven't ever given it to anybody and I have a boyfriend, alot of things you read on the internet are inaccurate and paint it to be something it really isn't, it isn't a big deal 🙂

• Like 1

@Newbie2018 I have had hsv2 for a year and I had one recurrence after my first outbreak and been on anti viral meds twice a day ever since and have never experienced an outbreak since being on them.

Its a personal choice whether to be on daily meds and for me it is peace of mind. I can continue to get on with life and it also decreases the risk of passing the virus on to my partner and reduces shedding.

For people that haven't chosen to go on daily meds you just know that if you have any sign of a flare up to avoid all sexual activity in that location.

I met a lovely guy who I have been in a relationship with for over 3 months and we have a very healthy amazing sex life.

We used protection at the beginning but as we spent more time getting to know eachother and knew we both had been tested and had the all clear results, it was his choice that he felt comfortable to go without and he hasn't had an outbreak at all.

You read all these things that mostly say you HAVE to wear protection each time when you are diagnosed with this but this isn't the case. You don't see everyone who has ever suffered from a cold sore to be going round with cling film on their lips every time they kiss somebody so what's different.

Hope this helps reading this to reassure you it isn't all as scary as you may think or read,I am happy to answer any further questions you may have.

• Like 1

It affects everyone differently.  I am one of the unlucky ones.  I have itched and burned almost every day for the last 8 months since my exposure to HSV 2 and it was only for a few seconds when the condom broke.  I can’t tell you why, but I know I used to get sick often before this happened. Like at least 3-4 colds a year,  Maybe my immune system has something to do with it.

I am completely aware of my penis almost all the time now because there’s usually always some sensation going on, whether it be an icy hot feeling or a crawling feeling or a burning at the tip.  The occurences have calmed down a bit over the 8 months.  In the beginning it was constant and the intensity was higher.

Anus itching is the most annoying thing.  Also itching in the thigh area as well.  I wish I could get rid of the itching the most.  Also my bowel movements were affected by this as well.

The first month or so after exposure my nerves were on fire all over my body, but that has mostly calmed down now.  But every then and again I’ll feel some burning somewhere, usually in my leg area. 

Lower back pain can be an issue sometimes too.

The only thing I dont get is the lesions. I got a bump in my pubic hair area 5 days atfter the exposure that lasted for about a month but that’s about it.  

Again, I don’t know why my situation turned out like this, but I promise you this all is the result of me attempting to sleep with someone with confirmed HSV2.  Personally, if I could go back, I would have never done it.  The attempt wasn’t worth all these issues my body deals with now and most of all the mental torment I’ve been through for the past 8 months.

I have prayed every day to be in your shoes and make the opposite choice.  But that’s my life.  Maybe it won’t be yours.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:43 PM, Newbie2018 said:

I met a gal three weeks ago and we are both in our 40's.  We have messed around but no sex.  The physical intimacy is fantastic.  She just told me she has hpv-2.  I cannot imagine how hard it was to tell me.  I like her a lot and I don't want to stop seeing her because of this.  What questions should I ask her before we take it to the next step?  I'm assuming no oral, sex with a condom.  If I touch her down there do I need to make sure to wash afterwards?  I have so many questions...

hey unluckyman. I really feel for you.to be honest I wish nobody had this awful disease. my sister is waiting on her hsv2 results. I really hope she is Negative. I was tested myself last August I am really curious what it means for hsv1 test is 35 is that a normal number for hsv1? my hsv2 was <0.90  I hope things get better for you.Sarah

Thank you for being open-minded.  I'm in my 50s, and was diagnosed last October. My partner was turned off, even though I am sure he was the one who gave it to me, and I haven't seen him since.  I have not met anyone new and haven't had the opportunity to disclose to anyone yet. It scares me to think about it, but hearing stories such as yours gives me hope that there are decent, open minded men out there.

i'm sure there's people that are accepting out there. you just need to give yourself a chance to meet them. this is a great place to talk and make friends.i know when I thought I had hsv2 Adaril really helped me. I will forever be his friend.that was a dark time in my life. plus people on here really helped me as well. there are good people on here.

Newbie 2018

Can I just stress that HPV (Human Papillomavirus) is a very different thing to HSV & as you wrote HPV-2 & everyone above has answered your questions about HSV-2, I thought I would point that out.

As I don't know much about HPV & I did not know there was an HPV-2 version, maybe you do mean HSV-2 but think it is important we clear up what it is she has to give you the best advice/help

• Like 1
22 hours ago, OlderNotWiser said:

Thank you for being open-minded.  I'm in my 50s, and was diagnosed last October. My partner was turned off, even though I am sure he was the one who gave it to me, and I haven't seen him since.  I have not met anyone new and haven't had the opportunity to disclose to anyone yet. It scares me to think about it, but hearing stories such as yours gives me hope that there are decent, open minded men out there.

When you find someone special... you go for it.  Still going well and I like her a ton!

9 hours ago, Amando said:

Newbie 2018

Can I just stress that HPV (Human Papillomavirus) is a very different thing to HSV & as you wrote HPV-2 & everyone above has answered your questions about HSV-2, I thought I would point that out.

As I don't know much about HPV & I did not know there was an HPV-2 version, maybe you do mean HSV-2 but think it is important we clear up what it is she has to give you the best advice/help

I realized my mistake earlier today... it is in fact HSV-2.  Thanks for the callout.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:57 PM, sarahsfocus said:

hey unluckyman. I really feel for you.to be honest I wish nobody had this awful disease. my sister is waiting on her hsv2 results. I really hope she is Negative. I was tested myself last August I am really curious what it means for hsv1 test is 35 is that a normal number for hsv1? my hsv2 was <0.90  I hope things get better for you.Sarah

Me too.  I wish the same.  

And I do not really trust the blood tests because so many sites online say they are unreliable.  Too many false positives and false negatives.  I think that is a major reason why they don’t include them in the routine STD panel.  I have yet to test positive by blood test but all my symptoms started directly after my exposure to HSV2.  I hadn’t had sex with anyone else for 5 months prior and never had any of these symptoms like this before. All my symptoms are HSV2 related.  All the other STD tests that are actually very accurate have been negative as well.  So for me, it’s almost a clear cut case as to what is the cause.  It just sucks that I had to waste all that time and effort trying to get a diagnosis and in the end I had to just accept it myself because every doctor I’ve seen has provided no answer and no solution.

i feel like until they make a better test, the only way to truly know if you have herpes or not is to get a lesion swabbed.  And I have none to swab anymore.  But I wish you and your sister good luck and hopefully you are both negative.

And thank you, Sarah, I hope things get better too.

• Like 1

thank you unluckyman.i appreciate the kind words. I was wondering have you took the pcr herpes test? I heard it's somewhat reliable. my sister went to the doctor and she was swabbed from the inside of her coochie. she told me she wasn't having a breakout. so I don't understand why the doctor did that.she had took two blood test. the first one was Positive (she had hpv too) and her hpv went away and her hsv2 test was Negative.and now when she went to take the 3rd herpes test the doctor swabbed her. I really hope she is negative this time around. my last test I was negative. thank God. I hope you good luck with finding something out. Sarah

hey unluckyman. have you thought about getting the Western blot test in Seattle Washington? i'm sure you can contact Teri Warren online. a lot of people from what I read on her website has had the same problem your facing. it might be a little expensive but it would be worth it to have peace of mind.i hope this helps.Sarah