• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are aĀ supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here:Ā https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Keeping Your Better Half HSV Negative

Just thought I had recently (yes it did hurt!Ā šŸ˜†)Ā 

I have been with my GF for 6 years plus (apart from a 9 month split last year) but I have never passed it to her.

But & its a very big but...ā€¦ā€¦.

How do I know for sure that I have not passed it to her?

Sure she gets yearly blood tests, but as most of us know, blood tests are inconclusive & can be wrong!

So it is possible that she could have it & be asymptomatic.

Can anyone give me some clarity, number, percentages lol of this horrible thing. I get the awesome experience (as I'm sure we all have/will) of telling my ex who is hopefully going to be my again girlfriend this upcoming weekend when I go see her that i have hsv2. I got it the year we were apart but i know to not have sex during ob and to wear a condom and I take 500mg of acyclovir for suppression

Ā Can some one give me some ammo for my very tough convo...thanks in advance:)

Sorry to sideline this topic a bit but itā€™s relavent in a round about way. My husband is H2 positive and I am not. We have (had ) an open relationship and he just contracted it 6 months ago. He is not taking anti suppressants and while I am negative Iā€™m just assuming Iā€™m positive because eventually itā€™s bound to happen. My question is this and Iā€™m so sorry for being blunt but if Iā€™m under the assumption that I have it does that mean that I can give him oral herpes if he has oral sex with me?Ā 

We havenā€™t been having sex at all because I keep getting conflicting answers and weā€™re aftaid of just making it worse for each other šŸ˜•

On 3/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, Arcook said:

Sorry to sideline this topic a bit but itā€™s relavent in a round about way. My husband is H2 positive and I am not. We have (had ) an open relationship and he just contracted it 6 months ago. He is not taking anti suppressants and while I am negative Iā€™m just assuming Iā€™m positive because eventually itā€™s bound to happen. My question is this and Iā€™m so sorry for being blunt but if Iā€™m under the assumption that I have it does that mean that I can give him oral herpes if he has oral sex with me?Ā 

We havenā€™t been having sex at all because I keep getting conflicting answers and weā€™re aftaid of just making it worse for each other šŸ˜•

I'm confused...you're assuming you have it? If you do have it then yes...hsv1 or 2 can be transmitted fro. Either mouth to genitsls or Visa versa. If he goes down on you and you have an outbreak or even have the virus he is rolling the dice. If you dont have an outbreak down there and are on suppressive meds daily the odds are much lower but still...you either get herpes 100% or you dont 0%....so always a gamble. Make sense?

Ā 

Also if he has it on his mouth or oral and goes down on you then for sure you are rolling the dice on getting it down there. YourĀ call if you dont have it now and are assuming you will get it from him...that's love. I would be doing a lot of precautionary things to prevent it....take it from someone who has it. Not fun...