• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Confused....

So from what I thought I've read over and over is that the chances to transmission to someone else or another part of your body from towels or clothing is very slim correct? I recently read something about having to wash all towels or clothes using bleach or other stuff in order to get clothes completely clean. Is regular detergent not enough to get rid of the virus on towels or underwear? Have been trying to lower my anxiety about all of this, yet reading that just made it sky rocket right back up. 😞

You can't get herpes from a towel. I was paranoid about getting herpes that way myself. When you wash the towels in laundry detergent that will clean it.you don't need bleach to kill it just soap and water. I thought for sure I had herpes from a towel  so it was years later before I had the courage to get tested and it was Negative. I hope this helps. Sarah.

just take a deep breath. you will be ok. the only way you can get herpes 2 is by body fluid touching. I wish Adrail would give you the same comment he gave me.i was suicidal and was going to end it all. then Adrail gave me paper that had been written about ways that you can catch herpes 2. you can go on youtube and watch what Adrail says about herpes. it has a lot of information in it. Adrail is a great guy. I hope this helps with your anxiety.your friend Sarah.

Thanks. I really appreciate everyone's support here. That's all I've been doing the past 4-5 months is just constantly trying to breath. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have helped very much. The more and more I read about h, the more i see that it's not a big deal. However, not very many people out there think the same. Terrified of being alone forever and feel like I no longer have a purpose in life because all I wanted was to be married, have kids, be a family and I feel like that has now been ripped away just for the fact that I don't think anyone is going to be able to look last that :'(.

How have you accepted it? Dealt with it? 

6 hours ago, Lovenhope said:

Thanks. I really appreciate everyone's support here. That's all I've been doing the past 4-5 months is just constantly trying to breath. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to have helped very much. The more and more I read about h, the more i see that it's not a big deal. However, not very many people out there think the same. Terrified of being alone forever and feel like I no longer have a purpose in life because all I wanted was to be married, have kids, be a family and I feel like that has now been ripped away just for the fact that I don't think anyone is going to be able to look last that :'(.

Sorry to hear about the emotional stress you are going through, I really can't imagine as I don't have it, but my "friend" of a month does.  ith that said I hope this helps a little.  I met a gal on Match a month ago.  The first time I saw her I knew I wanted to get to know her.  We have texted daily, see each other twice a week, have been physical but no sex yet (like teenagers... lots of fun).  After 2.5 weeks she told me she had HSV2... the pain and stress in her eyes was heartbreaking.  She told me to take my time, do some research, and think about it.  I told her immediately I didn't want this to define what we may have together.  I like her a lot... I don't want this to get in the way but I also understand how important it is for us to communicate and work through it together.  It has been a few weeks since she told me and I continue to be super optimistic about our future.  You are not alone, there is someone out there for you.  I hope this helps, even a little.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hey Lovenhope.you will find someone. this awful disease doesn't define who you are. I'm sure there's people on this Forum that have there signifigant other and are very happy and have children of there own. give yourself a chance you will find someone.look at Adriail he is married and has a child. i'm sure he is happy as well.  I hope this helps. Sarah.