• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is the net a help or hindrance?

Ive read some scare stories online and I've frightened myself silly!! Need some help desperately!

-do lots of people just forget about this diagnosis and get on with a normal life?

-can ladies with hsv genitally (age got hsv1) still give birth one day? Ive come across some horror stories online and It's made me really anxious and worried. Would you reccomend keeping off the internet? Do you find you look online and on the forums less over time?

-myself and my partner plan to be intimate for the first time soon. He's been very accepting but I'm very nervous and want to protect hin as best as possible. We plan to use protection and I'm on anti virals but he doesnt want to use a dental dam. Is this safe? I know there is some risk. I feel worried about hurting him and causing him and suffering. 

Thanks in hope for any helpful responses

No, people don’t just forget about H and move on. 

And yes you can still have babies. There is a chance that you can pass it to your child, but it’s very slim unless you have an outbreak while giving birth, or you are having your first outbreak during pregnancy. If so, your doctor would probably resort to a C section. 

Using a condom is the best way to protect him from this, other than not having sex at all. You have told him that you have this disease, and he’s accepted the risks. There’s really nothing else you can do to protect him. Just always avoid sex during an outbreak, as well as the week after your outbreak has healed.