• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Stressing out about 2nd outbreak

I got my first outbreak a couple of months ago which absolute hell on earth. I’ve never experienced something so painful and I’ve had 2 kids! Now I feel like I’m getting my second outbreak. I’ve heard the first is the worst but are other outbreaks super painful as well? I just can’t imagine going through that again. I was supposed to go to a gynecologist after but never did. I have acyclovir. Do I just take that twice a day still or what do I do? 

It probably won't be as bad so hang in there!! If it's 500mg, I'd say take it twice a day. I used to take 1G of Valcyclovir and sometimes I'd take 1 morning and evening if i felt like I really needed to. I'd say follow your previous instructions. Rest when you can and eat healthy! 

Stress is the main ingredient to re occuring out breaks . That and poor diet . I try not to rely on the meds too much , I dont want my body getting to used to it. I would go to the gyn though. Anything to make your body and mind feel more at ease and at peace. I found my diagnosis to be a wake up call for me and each day I'm learning things about  my body and just trying to take care of this human body I have been loaned .

• 3 weeks later...

@Lacey I totally agree with you that the first outbreak was by far for me more painful than childbirth. I remember clear as day I was in horrendous pain for well over a month with my first outbreak and my second outbreak for me was just as painful as the second time I had blisters on the inside of my labia so I cried and trembled every time I needed to go for a wee as it litrelly felt like boiling hot water being poured over me. I couldn't take the risk of being in so much pain again after that so went on suppressive therapy and haven't looked back. It's been just slightly over a year since the guy carelessly knowingly gave it to me.