• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Send me all your positive vibes!

Have got myself very low this week. Posted a few questions on here and replies haven't been particularly positive. I'd love to hear some positive stories about people who have overcome this in some way, forget about it, met someone amazing, stories of sex lives going back to normal and not being something to fear anymore...people who see this as a non issue and forget about it!! I just really need to see some uplifting, positive stories to give me some hope and give me back my spark!!

I've told 3 friends about my ghsv1 diagnosis from last year. All have been amazingly supportive. I also met someone who wants me to forget about it and loves me regardless. I just can't shake the feeling of being unworthy of it all and I'd love to be reminded that I can and will move on from this...

I'm feeling more lost than ever so, please help! xx 

I was diagnosed with H about 4 years ago. I was devastated, naturally. I was in a deep dark place for months. Then, after the support of this community and some very deep self reflection I did use it as an opportunity. I pulled myself up and changed everything about my life that I was unhappy with. This included getting a new job and living situation. 6 months after getting H I met a wonderful man who accepted me unconditionally. We enjoyed a very healthy sex life and stayed together for about 3 years. We recently broke up but it had nothing to do with H. It is definitely possible to enjoy life to the fullest!! H does not define you. It is all about your mindset moving forward. You can do this!! 

Many of my friends do not know. However, I shared it with a few after I was first diagnosed and half of them then disclosed to me!! One of them being my mom! It is so common. You are not alone. 

Sending you so much love! 

I would encourage you to pick one thing that you'd like to see change in your life (outside of H) and work on that. Or pick something that brings you joy and make that a priority for yourself now. Small changes can be everything when you're feeling in a rut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Riseandfall said:

Any more? Really don't feel like I'm going to be able to cope with rhis right now. Just the burden of the stigma. It's too much to bear.. Would appreciate help desperately 

Riseandfall, I just was diagnosed with HSV-1 last week. At first I was in shock. I didn’t ever picture myself as someone who would would ever have an STI. I was in denial and then I was angry and then I was sad. Now I’m accepting it and learning that it doesn’t make me any less of a person. I’m still the young, vibrant, excited woman I always was. This isn’t going to define me and it won’t define you. And if you meet someone who says otherwise, cut them out and put them to the wayside.  Try doing something new, like a hobby or new social sport. Check out eventbrite for free events in your area. They have tons of art, music, food and outdoor activities. The more I focus on all the cool things I’m doing and can do with my life, the better I feel. You will get through this. We will get through this. Xx

• Like 2

@Riseandfall copying from my other post. Hope it helps!! 💞💞

Wanted to share some good news with y'all that happened tonight  Hopefully for anyone feeling down or questioning about if (and really it's when) dating is possible, the answer is an emphatic yes!

I dated a H- guy for awhile after I was diagnosed & ended it recently. After that, I kinda restarted taking to a guy from last year whoo I ended things with tight after I was diagnosed. I didn't tell him why I really ghosted & used school as an easy excuse. Well, since we reconnected, hanging out again, things have been pretty good and he invited to a overnight trip outta town to get my mind off school for a bit. 

I figured this was good time to come clean about why I ghosted, my HSV+ status & put everything on the table tonight. To my surprise he was cool with it, actually has personal experience with his first college girlfriend. This is my third positive disclosure to a dating potential & have to say, it definitely get easier the more you do. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, Riseandfall said:

Have got myself very low this week. Posted a few questions on here and replies haven't been particularly positive. I'd love to hear some positive stories about people who have overcome this in some way, forget about it, met someone amazing, stories of sex lives going back to normal and not being something to fear anymore...people who see this as a non issue and forget about it!! I just really need to see some uplifting, positive stories to give me some hope and give me back my spark!!

I've told 3 friends about my ghsv1 diagnosis from last year. All have been amazingly supportive. I also met someone who wants me to forget about it and loves me regardless. I just can't shake the feeling of being unworthy of it all and I'd love to be reminded that I can and will move on from this...

I'm feeling more lost than ever so, please help! xx 

Hi there! I just found out last week that I am H+ and had to tell my GF yesterday. She took it amazingly well! I was having all the normal nervousness leading up to it and actually did a run through of the convo with my parents before calling. My gf had been visiting the week before and we had booked some travel for later this year and are going to a wedding together in May and I was worried that all that was lost. Then I switched things around in my mind. How would I feel if she came to me with the news? Whether or not is was before or after my diagnosis, I would have been empathetic and more worried about her than myself. I really think that if someone is worth keeping around, then they would have that mindset rather than adding anger to your already troubled times. Stay focused on you and just know that the ppl that matter will fully understand and accept you, because this is just small part of who you are! 

I was diagnosed last October. I have since found a man who has accepted me fully and we have a great relationship, amazing sex life, and he is amazing. I really think that disclosing that I have HSV-2 and having that acceptance showed me a lot more about who he is as a man and his commitment to me. 

I have disclosed twice total. Once to someone who initially rejected me (and then changed his mind and wanted to be FWB and I rejected him), and then to my now-boyfriend who accepted me immediately and has not wavered. 

HSV is not the end of the world by any stretch. It has made me much more selective in who I choose to date and that's a good thing!