Sign in to follow this  
KarlaK

Oral HSV2?

After having unprotected oral and vaginal sex, I was diagnosed with HSV2 back in February. Last week I started to have a sore throat and a low fever. I also noticed slightly raised painless bumps inside of my mouth, mostly in my cheeks and in the back  of my throat. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with strep. She looked at the bumps in my mouth and said they didn’t appear to be herpes, but couldn’t really give me an answer. I followed up with my pcp who also said he wasn’t sure it was herpes, either. But he gave me an antiviral prescription just in case. Finally saw another doctor, who said they appeared to be canker sores and not herpes because I didn’t have a cold sore too. 

The bumps are slightly raised, flat across, and only kind of red. They don’t hurt. My throat does hurt, but I am still fighting off strep. I have had a very mild genital outbreak. So I know I have it down there. I’m just freaking out that I have HSV2 orally too. I know HSV2 is typically genital, but I do know it can also be oral. I frequently performed oral sex on this partner without protection. 

Is there anyone who has oral HSV2? What are your symptoms like? Have you had painless sores in your mouth without a cold sore?? Please help me with any information. 

I have a beautiful little boy and I am terrified of kissing him or letting him get too close until I know if I’m having an oral outbreak for sure.