• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do you have oral HSV2? Please talk to me.

Just wanting to hear the experiences of others with oral HSV2. Does everyone get cold sores? What about in your mouth? Or your throat? I’m HSV2 positive and haven’t gotten a doctor to take me seriously about my OHSV2 concerns because I’ve never had cold sores 🤦🏼‍♀️.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm still struggling with some strange symptoms but I don't think they are HSV related anymore. I got an IGG at 14 weeks which was negative for both HSV 1 & 2. I think I might have some rare bacterial infection or something. I'm probably gonna try some antibiotics soon here to see if it helps clear up these symptoms. Super strange, they have literally been on going since the end of August...

Hi, @Karl44

I hope you are well. 

I wanted to offer a hypothesis to friends who may be experiencing  prolonged symptoms related to urination, swelling, and general discomfort in the groin area:

one of my close friends was having terrible pain in his genital area; burning when peeing, painful urination and ejaculation, painful sex, swollen testicles, and pain when just moving or sitting. He was tested numerous times for an STI and UTI, and he ended up having all his pain and issues do to a swollen prostate. If you have a prostate, and you are 25+ years, chances are the prostate could be the culprit of unexplained pain (since the prostate continues to grow throughout life). The cause of the prostate swelling and pain is different for everyone, but at least getting the prostate checked via an MRI and physical exam can help narrow down diagnoses, and then you can get the treatment you need.  

I hope this helps! 

Sending prayers and blessings to all!! Stay strong, friends!! We are all in this together!! 🍀☀️🏔️

• Like 1
On 3/22/2019 at 7:43 AM, KarlaK said:

Just wanting to hear the experiences of others with oral HSV2. Does everyone get cold sores? What about in your mouth? Or your throat? I’m HSV2 positive and haven’t gotten a doctor to take me seriously about my OHSV2 concerns because I’ve never had cold sores 🤦🏼‍♀️.

Hi Karla,

HSV-1 is more common to cause oral herpes than HSV-2, although people are still susceptible to contracting oral HSV-2. That is good you have not gotten cold sores yet! IF you are concerned about getting them in the future and want medicine to prevent that, set up an appointment with a doctor and they normally will prescribe you medicine. 

Some people are asymptomatic, while others experience cold sores anywhere in the oral region. It is most common to get cold sores on your lips, but it is also possible to get them in your mouth and/or in your throat. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for them to disappear and can especially be tricky because consuming certain foods and drinks can irritate them. When you have an outbreak, try avoiding acidic foods and drinks (i.e. citrus fruits and sparkling beverages). Hot and spicy foods also are known to upset cold sores. 

I hope this helped!

-Dan

• Like 1