• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Starting to wonder if blood test was false positive

I was diagnosed via blood test when I asked for an STD panel at my OBGYN office. I was preparing to start dating, and anticipating that I would be having sex at some point in the near future, so wanted to be sure I could tell any potential partner that I had been tested and was free of everything. Everything came back negative except for HSV2. I hadn't been in a sexual relationship for over 10 years at that point, and had never had an outbreak that I was aware of.

Since then, I've been through a LOT of stress, which is said to trigger outbreaks. No outbreak.

I eat pretty much everything that I see everyone else avoiding because the foods are said to trigger outbreaks. No outbreaks.

I drink alcohol. No outbreaks.

I had a Brazilian wax, which is said to be able to trigger outbreaks. No outbreak.

I'm starting to wonder if perhaps the blood test was a false positive. You would think that at SOME point, with all the stress, foods, alcohol, waxing, etc...that I would have had at least SOME type of symptoms? I've also read that of those who are asymptomatic prior to diagnosis, a large percentage end up having an outbreak within 6 months of being diagnosed. I'm almost at 6 months, and nothing there either.

Starting to think the Western Blot might be a mighty fine idea at this point, just to be sure. Even though my blood test came back and said that the IGG number was over 8, which I just assumed was kinda a sure thing that it's positive, I'm now starting to wonder. I certainly don't want an outbreak, but I would have thought that something would have triggered one by now, right?

What would you do if you were me? Accept the results as positive? Get the Western Blot? (It's expensive, which is the only reason I haven't done it yet)

• 3 weeks later...

@100918 this is my exact situation. Index value and all. I’ve had laser hair removal x6 times... drink what I want, eat what I want. And don’t even get me started on stress. Anxiety is my middle name! Never had a symptom, not once. I’d be curious to see what your WB would be. I’m thinking I want to do one as well... thanks for sharing.