• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Monthly outbreak & yeast infection with period ?

I’m 24 I’ve just been diagnosed in November after just getting a new boyfriend thankfully he’s ok with me having it & im open enough to be honest with him about outbreaks and everything else below the belt. But it seems like after being diagnosed I get a yeast infection every month and a outbreak episode every month after my period. I take Valacyclovir so now I know I need to take them when I start my period to hopefully prevent it or get a surpressive treatment but I also just started taking a birth control too. Is it normal for the yeast & outbreaks with your period in the first year at least ? 🤔🤦🏽‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...

@GoodmangoesI am on suppressive therapy and persomally for me its the best thing as I am a total worrier and because the two outbreaks I had were so painful I am petrified to have to experience another outbreak like it again. I like to give myself peace of mine aswel as know I am protecting my bf of 4 months as much as I can from getting it.

If your experiencing them so frequently it may be worth looking into but everybodys different

I am on acyclivor twice a day 400mg one in morning and one in the evening. 

I carried on my birth control as normal before I even got hsv2 and it seems all fine with suppressive therapy.

I recently switched to suppressive therapy but I guess I still have shedding im not use because its like my skin will randomly become irritated and I'll have itching but besides that nothing is happening now I can't get rid of these yeast infections its becoming a pain 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Outbreaks can definitely be triggered by hormonal changes associated with the menstrual cycle (as can yeast infections).

There was a period (no pun intended) when I would too get all 3 things happening at once. It’s frustrating but stress will not help. Have a look at your diet and lifestyle as I have found that when I am eating well and looking after myself, my body responds well.

Eating lots of lysine-rich foods (or taking supplements) and probiotics will help curb the outbreaks and yeast infections.

Don’t use any soaps down below, they are the worst thing for unbalancing ph levels in the vagina.

If your outbreaks continue to coincide with your period, see your doctor about how you can better manage your hormone levels.