• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What’s causing constant prodome symptoms? (woman)

My immune system is definitely not weak, I hardly ever catch the common cold even in the nastiest of weather, I eat clean and walk a lot.  

But I still can count on two hands the days I didn’t have any symptom since getting infected in 2017. 

It’s the worse before my period, because of the hormonal changes... do I maybe have a normonal imbalance that’s affecting me the whole month? I don’t have any other issues that would point to this being the case. My weight is okay, my appetite is okay, my mood is okay besides the hopelessness of never being healthy again... 

• 2 weeks later...

@unbreakable you mentioned 200mg ayclovir that your taking,is that for suppressive therapy? If it is then that may be the case why you feel an outbreak coming on etc. 

For daily suppressive they advise x2 400mg tablets of acyclovir to take one in morning and one in the evening around the same time.

I take this daily and I'm on birth control still. I do feel very rarely a tingle sensation but not sure whether it is a sign of an outbreak trying to come to the surface but I have never had blisters actually come up since being on daily meds.

I have had hsv2 for a year.

Interesting that you mention your body dealt with HSV better when off birth control. I had my first outbreak a month and a half ago and have had minor outbreaks 3 times since then. I am currently taking Alesse. I’m going to try stopping it to see if it helps.