• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can I recieve oral anymore?

Hello! Newly diagnosed. So I have G HSV 2 & am wondering what are the numbers for me transferring it to my partner if they perform oral on me without a barrier. Obviously would never with any symptoms present- but I want to know if anyone’s partner participate in the act still (preferrable women receiving & without barriers) & if they have gotten it orally? & are you on suppressive therapy? 

I've been with my boyfriend for a couple months, and I regularly get oral from him with no barriers. I've never had an outbreak and I'm not taking antivirals either, but if I do get one, we will abstain. So far, so good...he has not contracted it from me either orally or genitally.

I've never let my boyfriend give me oral with an OB, because well..you sure as hell don't feel like it! But we've been together for almost 2 years and he's done so with no barrier and he's not shown any symptoms. Be in tune with your body and both of you all be on the same page, and you'll be ok. He says I'm worth the risk and we are fully aware of what could or could not happen!

• Like 2

I have genital hsv 1 and Ive been asking myself the same thing lately . On a new diet and trying to be super healthy lately (3 months no OB or symptoms and only getting better physically and mentally) So hopefully I can still catch a ride on the BJ Boat when the time comes for me and my future partner ! 

Any experiences from fellow GHSV positive men would be greatly appreciated 😎

• 2 weeks later...

I am on suppressive therapy for hsv2 and my boyfriend and I have lots of oral sex (he hasn't got herpes) and so far it's all good. I did read up that it is more common to get both hsv1 and hsv2 if you were to contract it at the same time when your body hasn't had enough time to build up anti bodies. 

Here's a helpful snippet of video when I interviewed one of the top herpes researcher's Dr. Peter Leone: http://bit.ly/2AQJMRl

Since 98-99% of all HSV-2 cases are genital (meaning only 1-2% are oral), it's uncommon for HSV-2 to want to camp out orally, although it's still possible (you'll find folks on these forums who share oral HSV-2 experiences). And if you happen to have genital HSV-1, then someone going down on you carries the same risk as them kissing the majority of the population who carry oral HSV-1 (aka cold sores). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

On 3/29/2019 at 9:31 PM, Cwgrl100 said:

I've never let my boyfriend give me oral with an OB, because well..you sure as hell don't feel like it! But we've been together for almost 2 years and he's done so with no barrier and he's not shown any symptoms. Be in tune with your body and both of you all be on the same page, and you'll be ok. He says I'm worth the risk and we are fully aware of what could or could not happen!

Do you take any daily suppressants? 

22 hours ago, Bellapink said:

Do you take any daily suppressants? 

No, not since the end of 2017! I just don't allow us to be intimate if I'm having any symptoms. But I do want to try and do suppressive therapy again because I had less symptoms when I did!