• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Cannot move on after negative WB

1 hour ago, sarahsfocus said:

have you thought about maybe it could be hpv? I heard somewhere that your Penis head could be swabbed for hpv. I don't know how true that is.my sister was misdiagnosed she took the blood test and it said she had hsv2 and hpv and her second blood test said she had just hpv and that her hsv2 test was negative. thank God she had the kind of hpv that would go away eventually. she took another test they swabbed her inside and her hsv2 was negative and her hpv had disappeared. do you know with a shadow of a doubt that this woman has hsv2? I'm just curious about that. I hope that helps Sarah

Ive thought about everything it could be lol.  Looked into almost every known possible explanation.  Even if it was HPV, doctors and my own research have told me that there is no male test available for HPV.  And almost everywhere says HPV usually has no symptoms for males and will clear up on its own.  And yes i am 100% certain she has HSV2.  She told me herself she had a papercut sore around her vagina swabbed and it came back positive.  Thats the only herpes method of testing that you can be sure of when it comes to a positive, and after dealing with these issues for so long, it’s the only test I would trust.  Unfortunately for me, it seems I fall into the large percentage of people who do not develop any classic lesions and instead just constant issues with my body and things that appear to be itchy bug bites on my inner thighs and just dark spots on my lips that tingle and burn. Im almost certain if i go try to swab these they’ll come back negative because there is no fluid.  But even Google will tell you many people have herpes outbreaks that they can be mistaken for milder things like ingrown hairs or bug bites. 

If you can find this out on various medical sites on Google, why do doctors ignore these facts?

Unlike most people, I know my situation started with a herpes encounter.  I know the exact moment it started. The exact day and the exact time.  Usually people are unaware that they are about to have sex with someone who has herpes, so they come here looking for help and are uncertain of things because who knows what else it could be right?  I was fully aware after she tearfully told me and after two weeks of thinking it over, I went to her house and in my not sober state of mind I decided to try it with a condom.  I had been celibate for 5 months before this encounter.  Perfectly healthy male.  Never had bay issues with my nerves, itching, constipation, nada.  We had made out a few times before she told me she was infected. Probably why my lips burn and tingle now.  My conscience wouldnt let me ghost her and disappear but If I had known this would be the outcome of that 5 second attempt at protected sex, I would have never tried it.  But liquor doesnt exactly put you in the best state of mind.  And so much misinformation tells us herpes transmission is so low.  I also don’t believe that to be true for everyone.  

Something got inside my penis in 5-10 seconds. Thats undeniable. That means it is highly contagious through her body fluids or she had to have inner sores because she had very white yeasty looking secretions.  Unfortunately I didnt know this until after.

I just want the truth.  I just want answers and they say usually the simplest answer is usually the right one.  Well for me the simplest answer is the blood tests are inaccurate, and I am indeed infected.

And in terms of the WB, Terri warren has even stated that if you are negative for HSV2 by IGG after 16 weeks then you will most likely test negative for it by the blot because the IGG is actually supposedly more accurate for HSV2 than the blot is at a certain point in time.  

Either way, i dont trust the test enough to waste another 300+ dollars of my own money for it.  If its negative, like Im almost certain it will be, my symptoms will still remain.

I just think it’s a very sad situation to be in when you can get an STD in 2019 and not be able to get a diagnosis.

Are you on valtrex 

BTW do others with herpes have these symptoms the 80% is that people don’t even know they have it there seems to be an unlucky subset that gets these issues I have read nerve Lainey al dies get better 

unluckyman/blurneworder have you called the University of Washington and asked to speak with one of the virologists Sent them a detailed email I would like to get their response.

I just took the WB at 4 months and it was negative for hsv2 confirming the igg negative hsv2. Only thing I can think other then I dont make antibodies well for HSV is that I got reinfected with hsv1 genitally. Have had it orally but it is have never caused anything other then 1 outbreak a year and other then the outbreak ZERO symptoms. Not the case since I had the unprotected sex high risk encounter last December.

44 minutes ago, TBarr said:

unluckyman/blurneworder have you called the University of Washington and asked to speak with one of the virologists Sent them a detailed email I would like to get their response.

I just took the WB at 4 months and it was negative for hsv2 confirming the igg negative hsv2. Only thing I can think other then I dont make antibodies well for HSV is that I got reinfected with hsv1 genitally. Have had it orally but it is have never caused anything other then 1 outbreak a year and other then the outbreak ZERO symptoms. Not the case since I had the unprotected sex high risk encounter last December.

I have not tried that. I also have not done the Western Blot.

The rheumatologist I saw told me that it's definitely possible that HSV could not be detected in my blood since it doesn't live there.

antibodies are in your blood - virus only skin/nerves but then again they can measure virus load somehow? Unlike HIV you cant do a PCR viral load test with Herpes - yet somehow studies are able to measure high viral loads - how was that measured?

• 2 years later...
On 4/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, sarahsfocus said:

hey TBarr maybe you really are Negative. and those mild symptoms are in your head? I'm just suggesting this. I'm sorry if I sound mean about it.i hope things go good for you Sarah

I want to report the following since it is important that others know what happened to people who posted here.

Timeline  Dec 9 2018

Unprotected sex with person who later admitted they had herpes it was no oral at all just genital.

Jan 2019 constant redness in penis blue rim comes and goes daily; light burning on penis; nerve pain down leg and on face and hands lasted until started taking Valtrex 1g daily on May 1 2019; from Dec 2018 to May 1 2019 I had been prescribed valtrex in smaller amounts and taken it about every other day

Sept 1 2019 symptoms returned milder but continued 2/3 days a week even on daily vatlrex until Jan 21 2021 Note burning down leg and face did NOT reappear however just some redness on hands groin and some groin burning 

Testing: March 2019 at height of redness and pain swab pcr test qty 2 over 2 weeks = NEGATIVE

Blood IGG AB Test = March 2019 14 Weeks post;   UW Terri Western Blot April 2019 16 weeks post;    June 2019 26Weeks Feb 2020 1 Year 2 Months = All HSV1 positive - have had an annual cold sore on lip since since i was a pre-teen years ago but hSV2 Negative

Never once had anything close to a "fluid filled blister"  however.

Jan 21 2021 Took first Shingrix Vaccine + Stopped taking valtrex; Burnign increased for 10 days but no sores no burn on face or legs -however much to my shock post 10 days = zero symptoms

Feb 17 2021 Began to cry uncontrollably when i realized i had had no symptoms and was back to pre Dec 2018 self

April 16 2021 Final Blood IGG AB Test no Valtrex for 3 months - test was same as always postiive HSV1 Neg HSV2

April 17 2021 Took second shingrix shot

So that is my story Dec 2018 to May 2019 was awful; May 2019 to Jan 2021 was ok-ish a "new normal"; Jan 2021 to present end of the nigthmare I woke up and am fine. 

Please know for all who are not diagnosed via swab or blood test and dont have fluid filled blisters but have those symptoms that you probably in the final analysis dont have it. 

Peace and good bye