• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Massive ghsv1 recurrence

This is going to be long and I’ll do my best to not be all over the place but I guess I will have two questions at the end as I post this while waiting on customers at work And I’m going to try to post my history 

33 year old male diagnosed with ghsv1 No daily antivirals 

started seeing a new female in November, we had a sexual relationship, come December 26, 2018 I go see my dermatologist because my body started itching from head to toe (tell u why I mention this later on) mind you when I went in for this appointment I had no idea or thought of ghsv1 but in hindsight I must have contracted it just before my body started itching. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I strongly feel contracting the ghsv1 made my immune system go crazy and attack my skin. I have suffered with an autoimmune disorder called Lichen Planus for about 7 years but it has prettty much been in remission and never really aggressive but I have had one spot on my penis head that never went away. Anyways like I said during this dermatologist appointment I hadn’t had any symptoms or thought of ghsv1 but rather went in for itching all over. Derm asked if I had a change in soap, drier sheets, fragrances etc so I brushed it off after telling him I’d been staying at hotel rooms I’m not use to normally staying at but anyways he said it’s probably atopic dermatitis. That I probably had a reaction to the soap or whatnot 

come January I had my first symptom of h which started with excruciating urination, went in to my primary doc and tested for all std including h through blood work, everything comes back negative. Week later inflammation along with new symptoms and painful urination so had swab test confirm ghsv1. I had two blisters at the base of my shaft

so I was diagnosed mid January and the itching from head to toe has never gone away. It’s so intense that it keeps me from sleeping or wakes me out of my sleep when I do fall asleep. I went and seen a new derm twice and he can’t figure it out. Just says it’s eczema and tried to prescribe me the same thing the original derm prescribed which has done nothing. This derm suggested that after my diagnosis that I strsssed myself out so mad that my body had this reaction but when I told him it started before I knew my diagnosis then that ruled it out but can’t figure anything out. I’ve never had skin issues like this. Always was complimented on how smooth and blemish free my skin was 

anyways full body itching is still persistent. Last weekend I had rough sex with my giver, a few days later I’m suffering a massive outbreak. Kind of confused as to why so aggressive when all that I read is that ghsv1 doesn’t occur often in the genital tract and about .7 outbreaks a year unless someone is immunodeficient which I don’t think I am. I’ve been healthy overall although I don’t take too good care of myself. I do smoke and don’t diet but I’m not in the worst shape by any means. I was getting back to good shape before my diagnosis. Anyways I’m suffering with two much bigger blisters on the shaft of my penis this time than the primary and also two new blisters on my testicles which are a pretty big size. It’s awful looking. Can this be because I don’t have the antibodies built up or is it my luck that I’m gonna suffer with an aggressive case of ghsv1. Should I consider daily antivrails now. L lysine? Please I need help or advice with anything

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time.

They do say the first year is the highest for outbreaks and it does get easier.

For me after experiencing two painful outbreaks I went on to suppressive therapy and it has worked for me.

I don't take lysine, or any vitamin supplement as I eat in moderation and think why should I have to suddenly change everything in life because of this when I don't need to. I don't smoke and I rarely drink but enjoy a good night out when I do.

Hopefully within time things will settle.

I am female and I apply a thin layer of vaseline aloe after I shave to help keep my skin as healthy as possible or for most of the time before I have sex just to prevent my skin getting damaged to avoid an outbreak and for me it works and I have had hsv2 now for a year.

Best of luck,Hope you find what works for you.

Also I suffered from itchy skin for about 3 months all over my body and realised that it was down to the shower gel I started using had fragrance in so I have swapped back to sanex or simple that doesn't have perfume or any agravating stuff in for the skin and my doctor advised oiltum cream and that has been really good and you can also wash with the cream to and then rinse it off.