• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anti-viral meds only during a herpes outbreak?

Has anyone used daily therapy to suppress and then gone off the meds to only use during an outbreak?  If so what was your experience? I’d like to know outbreaks without meds, how long on daily and then outbreaks after. What about transmission before and/or after. Just learning so I appreciate all the input. Thanks  

When in relationships I go on suppressive therapy, I don't feel anything then. 

When off it I never get a full blown outbreak; I get that cigarette burn feeling and my body puts that back in place. Happens maybe once every 3 to 4 months. That's the most I've ever gotten, even being off therapy for 4 to 5 months. I've gone for gyno exams around times I feel those burns and my gyno sees nothing internal either. 

I would love if there was some kind of study of coalition between the frequency of outbreaks and how well your immune system handles it. 

On 4/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, forgivenessandpeace said:

I've gone off acyclovir completely (been 3+ years) because that shit gives me headaches.

Sometimes I can feel the virus stirring up in the base of my spine. Full-blown OBs are maybe 2-3 times per year.

So far no transmission ☺️

Thank you. This is helpful. 

19 hours ago, esdbec0713 said:

When in relationships I go on suppressive therapy, I don't feel anything then. 

When off it I never get a full blown outbreak; I get that cigarette burn feeling and my body puts that back in place. Happens maybe once every 3 to 4 months. That's the most I've ever gotten, even being off therapy for 4 to 5 months. I've gone for gyno exams around times I feel those burns and my gyno sees nothing internal either. 

I would love if there was some kind of study of coalition between the frequency of outbreaks and how well your immune system handles it. 

Thank you, good feedback and agree, more data would be helpful. I think I too will do the suppression therapy when/if in a relationship. 

• mr_hopp changed the title to Anti-viral meds only during a herpes outbreak?