Sign in to follow this  
No More Tears D

Did I give him hsv?

Hi you guys. I’ve posted about this previously, but wanted to share again and get some insight. Long story short, I don’t know the status of my own hsv. I’ve been hsv 1 positive for years and have had  inconclusive results for hsv 2 the last few years. I haven’t been tested recently for hsv 2 as advised by my gyno because I’ve never had genital symptoms. I get frequent cold sores, usually once a month, so my doctor gave me valtrex 500mg to take daily to help... so I’ve been taking daily valtrex for about one year. Long story short, I had unprotected sex with a new guy about three weeks ago. He woke up with a fever and extremely sick about two days later. Keep in mind, I was previously sick two weeks prior to sleeping with him. I had bronchitis and a sinus infection and I was given a zpak. He however, was so sick, he actually ended up going to the hospital because his fever was so high and his tonsils were so inflamed. They told him it was strep and he just reveled to me he was also diagnosed him with an autoimmune disorder. He was sick for about two weeks... and is finally starting to feel better until I spoke with him today and he said he feels like he’s sick again 😞 he hasn’t mentioned anything in regards to feeling unwell downstairs. Now, I can’t help but have that haunting thought. Was it really strep? Would physicians in a hospital treat something without testing for it first?  If he tested positive for strep, it was just strep, right? Or do I indeed have hsv 2 and did he actually experience a primary outbreak? Would physical symptoms appear after the flu like symptoms go away? Are the transmission rates from a female to male with no symptoms, no condom, with daily valtrex high? I am making myself sick reading all of the “what if’s” online. I obviously haven’t told him my concerns because I don’t even know what my status is. But I’m not going to lie, since I’ve been so insanely stressed, I actually don’t feel right downstairs myself. I went to PP yesterday and confessed my concerns to the doctor. She examined me and diagnosed me with BV via swab test and gave me some meds. I asked her if I should test again for hsv, and she handed me a laminated paper they have hanging on the wall from the CDC saying why they don’t test it there’s nothing to test for. Doctor number 4 who’s said these exact words to me. So I didn’t test... I guess what I need help with is, could it happen that quickly? I’m more worried about him than myself at this point. This guilt is absolutely eating me alive. I need help. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Well average incubation period is 4 days. So yes it can happen so quickly. But then since you are already on daily valtrex risk is very low. If he is actually infected by hsv2 then he should get some indication downstairs, atleast a very mild one. For me it was uneasiness on my penis tip, burning sensation on thigh, mild itching on penis and testicles.