• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Why is sex such a powerful trigger?

My boyfriend spend the night with my like 3 times a week. We always use lots of lube, because everything feels so great that way, lol. So there’s not much friction going on. However, I often get sore the next day. With the accompanying symptoms of an outbreak. Why??? It’s the opposite of stressful, a lot of happy-relaxed hormones are produced... Maybe his pubic hair can cause friction but I don’t notice it? Or maybe we should just keep moderation and only do it once for a shorter time? When he’s away I never get an outbreak (except for when my period comes), even if I masturbate. 

I'm not sure why but I'm pretty much the same way! Lube helps, and the lube from condoms help, but not always..I still usually have some sort of symptom. It's so damn annoying! Really the only time that I don't have any is if I have period shower sex. Everything is naturally lubed up and steamy. TMI but just trying to help because I literally face the same struggle!!! Lol

Even if you don't suffer with the herpes virus sex can make you sore after. It is completely normal due to the friction of skin to skin contact. Oral sex helps you to not get sore after rather than going straight into full sex. As I shave I do use a thin layer of aloe vaseline as and when to help keep my skin healthy and moisterised since having hsv2 as I want to keep that area as healthy as I can to avoid any damage to the skin that can lead to an outbreak.

• Like 1