• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can you tell me about your first outbreak?

Mild? Rash? Flu like symptoms? If so, like what? Sore throat, fever, sinus issues? Worst pain you’ve ever felt? Itchy? Burning? Sores? No sores? Discharge? How long after exposure?

I’ve read so many different experiences. I’m just curious. Still trying to figure out if I’ve ever had one without knowing... or if the guy I recently slept with indeed had one two days after I slept with him 😞  any insight would be appreciated. Thank you! 

herpes can react differently from each person. For me, the first outbreak is really terrible, it was very burning and painful. I also experienced body ache and a mild fever. I showed up symptoms after one week of exposure. Are you suffering from the first herpes outbreak?

• Thanks 1

@janeen I’m so sorry to hear that. Thank you for sharing. No, I don’t think so? I’m trying to figure out if I ever have. Long story short, I’ve had inconclusive blood test results in the past and per my doctors advice, to not retest if there are no symptoms present. Fast forward, I met someone and slept with him a few weeks ago. He woke up so sick two days later with what the doctors told him was strep throat. He hasn’t mentioned any genital symptoms or anything in regards to hsv. Now I’m questioning my own status and feel like I should retest because I can’t help but worry about him. I’m trying to think back and pin point if I’ve ever experienced an outbreak but I truly don’t believe I have. It’s just mind blowing to me that one can carry this disease but never show a symptom. I have a hard time believing I have something if I’ve never had a symptom 😞  I’ve had cold sores my entire life. So I know what those feel like.. 

@No More Tears D I agree with the other person that the herpes virus reacts differently to each person.

But for me (and this is in no way over exagerating as I have a very good pain threshold and have given birth naturally with my choice to not take any pain relief during labour) and the first outbreak was unbearable,worse than labour and the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life.

The guy that passed it to me was going through his first outbreak which I didn't know at the time.

Within a few days the soreness I felt down there started to get worse and within a week I went right down hill,really bad flu, couldn't walk,sit,even laying down was agonizing,I had to be signed off work,couldn't look after my son let alone myself as I was in too much pain to even go up and down the stairs. I ached all over and my body was sensitive to touch,my mum came over and just slowly walking down stairs in pain to answer the door I fainted and was out for a while and my mum luckily caught me. Pain relief didn't help the pain and then I got a cluster of blisters on the outer side down below then the second outbreak came just as I had thought I recovered from the first and this time on the inside of my labia and I cried,it was just as painful especially going to the toilet. The pain was too much for me to take any more so I went on suppressive therapy and will be on it for all my life..my choice.

• Thanks 1

@Anonymous88 omg. That sounds absolutely horrifying. I am so sorry you experienced so much pain 😞 my heat goes out to you. Thank you for sharing. It’s just so mind blowing how everyone can experience such different symptoms... makes it so challenging to pin point what exactly is going on. Hope suppressive therapy has been working well for you!!

• Like 1