• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Yoni steaming

Hi,

being the self care freak I am, I like to read a lot about ancient (or atleast less-modern-than-ordering-a-venti-of-your-fav-latte) practices for physical health. 🙂 I have come across yoni steaming many times now. Yoni is the Sanskrit word for the female genitalia and has a really lovely sacred meaning to it. It’s something like “womb” or “temple”, my yoga instructor said once. So I prefer to say “yoni steaming” over “vaginal steaming” any day, even though technically you only steam the external parts and maybe a little of your vagina. 😉 

I decided to just go for it last night, I’m a huge herbal tea fan, so I just made a large pot of herbal tea (with anti inflammatory herbs like melissa and chamomille) and squatted over it for a few minutes. That’s how it is practiced, you squat (or sit on a chair that lets the air through) over a steaming pot of herbal infusion carefully. Other than nice and warm and natural I didn’t feel much. Then went to take a bubble bath that I poured the tea into. Then went to sleep. 

Let me knock it on wood, but it really did help, my prodome symptoms have 99% gone away. I was afraid I’d wake up to an outbreak because a coworker had been stressing me the hell out all day, but my skin calmed down instead. Might be a coincidence but I definitely fell in love with this practice. Me and my pu$$y both get to inhale healthy amazing smelling steam, doesn’t get much more relaxing than that! It’s like a mini sauna, lol! 

Unfortunately idk about a guy version of it, I mean you certainly can try to stand above a pot with your legs apart and smooth the foreskin back if you have any, but idk if it works. 

Only thing I know is that you should only use herbs, not essential oils, because those evaporate quickly and can irritate your skin by kinda sticking on it. (You’d have to wash it off with intimate soap afterwards...) 

Any one of you tried yoni steaming yet?

• Like 1

Since I am from India and had learnt Sanskrit in school really liked the idea how you represented female genitila as 'Yoni'. Though it may be little out of track to this forum but felt like I will add some more points to this. The word 'Yoni' indeed has a high significance in Hinduism. It is representation of Goddess Shakti. Also it is conceptualized as the source of our existence. Numerous references of 'Yoni'  can be found in Tantra practice as well. In Hinduism 'Yoni' (Goddess Shakti) is generally represented with 'Linga' (Lord Shiva), the male counter part. 'Yoni' and 'Linga' together symbolizes divine process of creation - union of male and female. 

• Thanks 1