• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Botched disclosure, need a kind word

Hey community,

I botched a disclosure the other night with someone who I really liked. I can’t see straight through the situation so I’m looking for some perspective, or a kind word, so I can move forward. 

We had been talking for a while and went over to his house on the first date, I had asked just to cuddle. Suddenly it’s getting hot and I panicked and disclosed mid-heat. Turns out he was quite tipsy and we just went to cuddling. Next day I sent him a text saying some of the things I should have said- “it’s no big deal, never been an issue” blah blah. He responded quickly saying all’s well, but haven’t heard from him in a bit. 

It’s not my first disclosure but I can’t seem to move forward, given how much I liked this person. Looking for a kind word, hard to explain to my H- friends. 

Hi Cerul

So sorry for your pain!

Totally know how you feel & know how much it hurts.

In my opinion you can not botch a disclosure however way you have done it, of course there are better ways of doing it
but at the end of the day, you are telling the person, being honest & giving them the choice & that's all you can do.
So don't be hard on yourself for the way you told him, if he is that great a guy he would still be there.

Maybe after a while of digesting it, he may get in touch, you never know.

It sucks big time when its someone you are really into, I still feel pain when I think about my rejection but these things
only make us grow stronger.

You will find another great person & you will find happiness!

Good luck & Big Hugs