Lovenhope

Girl advice-shaving

Any advice. New to this all. Have read to avoid shaving as much as possible. Any secrets or tricks? Terrified to do anything anymore. 😞

I have never not shaved. Had HSV-2 for at least 10 years before I was diagnosed. Never got an OB that I know of at all. I even went and got a Brazilian 4 weeks ago and nothing happened.

I may be the outlier since I've never had an outbreak, but for me, shaving/waxing is a non-issue.

I was afraid to shave for a couple of months since I had my initial OB in February. What I had initially thought to be an ingrown hair turned out to be a herpes sore so I was very paranoid about any little bump or itch. But i have recently started shaving again and no irritation so far *fingers crossed*

It's almost bikini season so I can't be going all hairy.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:12 PM, Tk2019 said:

I was afraid to shave for a couple of months since I had my initial OB in February. What I had initially thought to be an ingrown hair turned out to be a herpes sore so I was very paranoid about any little bump or itch. But i have recently started shaving again and no irritation so far *fingers crossed*

It's almost bikini season so I can't be going all hairy.

I used to be someone that shaved daily or every other day. Noticed that it tends to irritate my genitals and potentially triggers outbreaks for me- i shave once a week or every other week now and know that the day of I will experience some irritation, for me coconut oil tends to be soothing for me and I apply generously on my vulva. I use a separate razor for my genitals and the same razor for my armpits and legs. It’s hard to get used to not being bald down there all the time but for me it’s more comfortable to not shave daily- trial and error and you will find what works for you. Outbreaks will heal if shaving causes one and you’ll figure out how often and what works for you!

• Thanks 1