• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

On 6/7/2020 at 5:42 AM, Mumof2 said:

Just found this link and wondered if it's still active ie basically I am looking for a buddy. 

Absolutely still active. Best thing to do in addition to posting in this thread (check) is to private message anyone here that feel like a good fit for your buddyhood. Welcome!

• Thanks 2

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I’ve just recently joined this forum and reading through this is really opening my eyes to how supportive everyone is and I’d love to do my part too! I’m a 24 year old female in the UK, living with GHSV1. My experience hasn’t been easy either so feel free to get in touch, whether you’re female/male if you need any kind of support (wherever you may be in the world) ☺️

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I would love an H buddy female or male. I live in the Bay Area (Ca) so someone near would nice though not needed. Also preferably contracted while they were younger or newly found out and young now as I am 18. Thank you please message me in need of support and here to give it back. 😊

• Like 1

Hey all, I'm 42, female...diagnosed with HSV 2 8 months ago...and have suffered from cold sores since I was a kid. Its been pretty devastating being single, trying to date, and the anxiety that comes up when thinking about telling a man that I'm interested in...the shame, it feels lonely sometimes, like I should just not bother even dating at all. I know that's not realistic for me, as I want to be in a loving partnership ultimately/eventually. I'd love to chat with a buddy female or male...would be cool if you live in Denver area, but okay if not local as well. I'm happy that this place exists, just found it. Thanks for the support y'all- I'd also like to reciprocate it, if anyone needs. 

• Like 1
On 10/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, Wind Walker said:

Hey all, I'm 42, female...diagnosed with HSV 2 8 months ago...and have suffered from cold sores since I was a kid. Its been pretty devastating being single, trying to date, and the anxiety that comes up when thinking about telling a man that I'm interested in...the shame, it feels lonely sometimes, like I should just not bother even dating at all. I know that's not realistic for me, as I want to be in a loving partnership ultimately/eventually. I'd love to chat with a buddy female or male...would be cool if you live in Denver area, but okay if not local as well. I'm happy that this place exists, just found it. Thanks for the support y'all- I'd also like to reciprocate it, if anyone needs. 

Hello Wind Walker,

40/F, diagnosed with HSV2 about 7 years ago. I am located in California but if you want to chat please feel free to reach out anytime! ☺️ 

Recently diagnosed and having a hard time after an emotional 4 months of being misdiagnosed.

I would love to have someone to talk to about this as it’s been a daily struggle pain wise/emotionally. GHSV1. I’m 28 female in WA state area. Male or Female - no preference.  Looking for guidance, some reassurance, and some tips and inspiration to get through this. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am a 27 year old female from the tri-state area looking for an H buddy. I have been diagnosed for two and a half years (GHSV1). I am still navigating the waters of my diagnosis, but I can offer support to anyone who needs it and would love to share experiences. Message me if you are interested in chatting!

• 3 weeks later...

Aloha, I’m a 34yo M from Oahu, Hawaii and have been diagnosed with HSV2 for about 8 years now. Recently found this forum while going through an OB (which hasn’t happened for about an entire year due to the right diet and meds/vitamins) and thought it might be nice to find others like me. It hasn’t crossed my mind to try to make friends with others like myself but thought it’d be nice.

For those just going through the heartache of your new reality or first OB (outbreak), it is frustrating at first but now is the time to start reflecting on yourself and make some life changes. It’s not the end of the world, there are so many others in the world who are just like you. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to, M or F, it doesn’t matter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I'm also a 27yo male, diagnosed yesterday with genital HSV1. Still awaiting blood results.

I'm in Austin, TX, and would definitely like to connect with anyone in my area, or anyone anywhere who is around my age.

It was a low moment when I found out (yesterday), and I'm still a bit low, but I also feel a little better. I know in my truth that I am in control of my feelings and emotions, and that with time/effort, I can still live a joyful and loving life. Anxiety is natural for me, so this doesn't help, but I have faith and am still optimistic. Please feel free to message me! We got this 🙂

• Like 2

Hello, Everyone. I am a 50 yo female just diagnosed. I’m struggling with the diagnosis and the impending loss of the bf that gave this to me.  I’m emotionally exhausted but I’m hopeful that all of this will be for my betterment in the end. Just wish I could fast forward.

• Like 3

Just diagnosed hsv2 antibody blood test yesterday but I have a feeling its been around for a while. Feeling pretty messed up about the whole thing. I know who I got it from, how they got it. It was a suspicion but now its a fact. Im very angry and hurt, feeling very hoodwinked but ultimately I made my bed and ill lie in it. Sorry about the rant. 

Well, im just looking for some guy friends around the Phoenix area, I want to know peoples stories and be able to relate to someone else again. 

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...