• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

I am a 25 year old male who has been diagnosed for about 4 months now. I'd like someone to talk to about H. Its weird having friends and not being completely honest with them and I believe talking about this with a buddy would make things easier for me. I've tried to focus on work and other things but i think im better off dealing with H and getting comfortable with my new life and the changes I must make. Sometimes I think about how H is making me a better person. A little ridiculous? crazy? lol. Gender does not matter to me, frankly it would be nice to have both lol and I dont care about location I'd just like people who arent afraid to be brutally honest, no sugar coating just good ole fashioned very painful support lol. Hope I dont sound mean but i feel like sometimes we arent told what we need to hear because people avoid hurting our feelings.

Thanks to whoever created this site and to the people who have chosen to contribute by posting and answering questions. I learn something each and everytime I glance through the forums. Lets try to make the best of our current situations, find life long friends and improve each others lives and then we can forget each other once a cure comes along lol jk

Thanks all!

Hello everyone,

I was recently diagnosed w/ HSV2 about two months ago. Though not a day (nor hour) goes by that I don't think about it, I am so grateful that I found this site. I don't feel so alone and I realize that this bad luck can happen to anyone!

I am hoping to get in contact w/ someone in Texas. If you live near the Houston area please feel free to reach out to me! :)

I'm a 54 year-old female just recently diagnosed with both HSV 1 and 2. Married 30 years and as far as I know, we've both been faithful. Don't know why this is showing up now but I'm dealing with it ok. I would like to both offer support and receive some. So, just someone who thinks they can relate to me.

I'm a 23 year old female living in Missouri. I've had H since 2 days before Christmas. It has been super tough for me. I would love to have someone to talk to about this. Even though I have told a few people who I trust, no one really understands. I do not know anyone else that has this. I feel alone.

I am open to a buddy that is male or female. I am a 31 year old female. I am currently in San Francisco and it would be nice if you are able to meet in person & have similar interests (nature, live music, yoga, food...) Mostly it would just be nice to have a friend who understands what this is like. I recently got out of a 3 year relationship which should have ended earlier but it was hard to motivate to end the relationship knowing the dating scene can be brutal. I've be come close with a good friend and we got to second base the other day. I knew I needed to tell him before anything else happened. I did and now he just wants to be cuddle buddies and close friends. It's hard because I know things could be different without herpes. I get angry because so many people are transmitting this without knowing they have the virus & people don't think twice about hooking up with those that have never been tested. I know & can sense when I am about to get an outbreak but I get treated so differently. Sigh. So I wanna be able to talk abut stuff like that.

My name is Allyson, I have been living with this since I was 19 years old.. I'm going to be 23 in August. I have everything going for me, I had confidence .. but everytime I build it back up again somebody crushes me because of Good old herpes. I'm From Ontario. I just recently was rejected by my dreamguy.. We were living a fairytale and I feel like the rugs been just yanked from under me. I'm in a lot of pain, as I've never felt so shameful and alone. I Feel like my hearts been completely broken, after we had the chat yesterday and I told him what I have.. and that it was the reason I hadnt been intimate with him.. we havent spoken today at all , and I'm so used to the constant flow of texts, phonecalls, visits at work, good morning beautifuls, dates, late night drives.. hanging out everyday. I hadnt ever connected with someone like I did him. I just need some friends who I can relate to, my friends are great but it's different when a person really understands what you're going through.

Hi Everyone,

I am a female in my early 30's and was just diagnosed about 6 months ago. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I would love to have someone/ones to talk to male or female, local, non local. I am up for video chatting and emailing, phone conversations. I would like to give as well as receive support and advice. It is good knowing that I can talk to someone to vent when I am having an OB or am feeling down about what is happening to me. The emotional support is what is needed the most. I want someone to be there for me and I want to be there for someone as well. I would even be willing to meet in person. I is just a huge comfort to know that I can talk to people who understand! :) looking forward to it.

Hi. I'm a young 31 year old guy living in the LA area. For the most part I've overcome all the guilt and the feeling bad for myself. Before this condition I was an over hyper funny guy that got along with everyone. I'm slowly getting back to that point. I have only disclosed to one person , a coworker. He was accepting and he sees me the same way. I think support plays a great part in healing from H. I would like to find someone just to talk to.

Hello (h) community. I'm a 25 year old female living in the Los Angeles area. I was diagnosed with HSV-2 about 3 years ago, but didn't really allow myself to start healing up until this past year. After a toxic and abusive relationship with the guy who gave me herpes, I've been on the journey to learning how to accept and love myself. I feel like one of the biggest reasons as to why I haven't been able to fully move on from my past is because I don't talk about living with this virus enough...well hardly ever, really. I work in an extremely judgmental environment, where unfortunately, herpes jokes are thrown around constantly. I would more than love to have a friend (male or female) that could relate to the struggles of living with herpes and to be able to confide in someone to listen and understand. I would also love to be a support system to someone going through and wanting the same as me. You don't have to live in the LA area. I'd honestly be okay with just having someone to text over the phone or even skype with.

Ok. I am super new at all of this. Bring diagnosed today! Happy hsv day to me ... I would like a friend somewhat locally who has been dealing with this for a while. I am involved with a male ans female couple - probably not anymore but it is what it is- I love in the little rock arkansas area I am a 38 year old female - gender not important

Hello I am a female with genital hsv1. Would love some support in the Richmond Va area preferably from a female living with hsv1 genital. I was just diagnosed in January, very new to this, and still very ashamed. Terrified to let anyone know what's going on with me. I don't think unless you've been through this you would understand, there's a big difference between empathy and sympathy.

Hello everyone,

I am a 25 year old female living in NYC with genital hsv1. I was diagnosed in February and am just coming out the end of one of the worse depressions I have ever forced myself to live through. I figure since I have it in me to try to enjoy life again that it is time to do things like this... I still feel horrible about myself and could really use a buddy who understands, as I have no loved ones who have been through this (at least not that I know of).

Hi there:

I'm 34, and live in Ontario, Canada. Four weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Herpes 1 genitally. It was shocking and devastating. I still can't believe it happened to me, even though the person I was with disclosed, at the last minute. I thought my risk was very, very low (we used protection, no evidence of an outbreak), and so I was stunned when I had my first outbreak three weeks later and soon after that, a positive lab test. I am still reeling from the shock and I'm trying to change my way of thinking - which has been mostly horror, guilt and disgust - and I am really wanting to connect with others who are in a similar situation. I am definitely in need of support - I no longer communicate with the person I got this from, which is also really upsetting - and I also very much want to support others.

I am 24 yrs old female and have had Herpes for 4yrs.. i get outbreaks about 1 or 2 times a year and it's horrible. I have never been able to really accept it but I just want to be able to openly talk about what it is I am going through without judgment and maybe make friends who understand what this hell is like.. i am beyond embarrassed about my oral out breaks and even though I am online, am crying thinking about this. I am currently going through a outbreak and it just feels like I am getting another before this one heals. I don't want to leave my room. I just want to get over this... i would really love a female and male support buddy.. i live in texas..

I am new to the community and looking for a support buddy. It does not matter to me whether they are male or female or where they live. I just want to be able to talk to somebody about what I'm going through and help each other. This is new to me and so I still have a lot of shame and anger. Thanks so much!

Hi I just joined the community. I am glad I found a safe place to talk about it. I am 41 single mom. I get my H from my ex- husband. I don't know what type though. I have a lot of sad feelings about it and was single for an year and a half and still afraid to start dating because of health issue. I tried herpes dating sites but people I met was very strange. I would love to have somebody around my age to talk about it. I leave in Orange County California. Thanks for this support group.