• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi (:

I'm a 22 year old female from PDX, Oregon, seeking an H buddy for support. Boy or girl, any age will do! Doesn't have to be near me, although that would be cool.

I had my first HSV outbreak 3 months ago, and my physical and emotional state has only gotten worse. I really could use any help I can get.

I'm not really into serious relationships right now, and I don't know if I ever will be. My greatest concern is I will literally never have sex again, because I'm not going to NOT disclose, yet who in their right mind would have a casual hook-up with someone they know has herpes?

I have lost all confidence in myself, and have dropped contact with all guys in my life since I found out. I'm also afraid to use a dating website, due to anonymity and I'm just not really into that kind of thing.

If you have any words to help me through this, please reach out. I am so grateful for this community. Thank you all!

It would be great to be able to talk to someone about my hsv2 that I have known I have had for the last 3 years. I have nobody to talk to my husband knows but don't know what to say. Not sure if I got it from him or if I've had it for years now. I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. Started having panic attacks and I have no social life since finding out.

Hi everyone my name is Asia from Chicago. I'm 18 years old and just been diagnosed with H 4days ago. I'm starting to kind of cope with the situation. I just need support and advice from someone male or female, doesn't matter. I haven't told my parents or anybody yet. More because I feel ashamed and I don't want to become a disappointment to anyone. I just need a H buddy to talk to ,to help me deal with it.

Hi, my name is Tayler and I'm a 20 year old female. I was diagnosed with H two days ago and would love to have an HBuddy. Male or female, doesn't matter. From anywhere, but someone from around me would be awesome. I'm from New Jersey.

I would also like to talk to someone who has been going through this for a while being that I have a lot of questions.

Thank you so much! :)

Hello,

I am a 27 year old female. I was diagnosed with HSV 2 about a year ago! A week before my 26th birthday! My friends had organized a huge party for me and I was stuck at home in lets just say not the most comfortable situation. Had to cancel my party and make up a lame excuse that I was deathly ill. It makes me somewhat uncomfortable even in disguise online typing this message but also adds a sense of relief... hard to explain but I am sure someone out there will understand me!

I was in a relationship for a year, we lived together and things were going well until the relationship went sour and ended up in a horrible break up. I was happy that I could begin dating again and possibly find "Mr. Right". I started online dating and found a great guy. We dated for about 6 months and were intimate very soon into the relationship. Although it didn't work out I felt ok about it until about 3 weeks after we broke up I had an outbreak and was diagnosed from my nurse practitioner with HSV 2. I still do not know if he was the one who gave it to me or if it was just dormant until then due to stress. Whatever the fact was I now have this virus that will change my dating life forever!

I since then have been on a couple dates but could never have the courage to disclose, so anytime things started to get intimate I would pull away.

There are some days where I am okay with it and others that I feel down about having herpes.

I would like to have someone to share stories and disclosure/dating advice with. Male or female.

Hey everyone, I am also new to H, was just given the "news" in Sep. This website has actually helped me a lot but it would be so great to have someone to talk to either online or in person, female or male, local or not, doesn't matter. Im is the LA area.

Have a great Holiday season!

Jesica :)

HEY EVERYONE! THE BEST WAY TO FIND A H BUDDY IS TO NOT ONLY POST HERE, BUT SCROLL THROUGH THE PAGES AND FIND SOME PEOPLE OF INTEREST, THEN MESSAGE THEM FROM THEIR PROFILE PAGE.

There ARE H buddies to be made- I have three that I now consider friends! (Even found a distant cousin here, who I am grateful to have met due to this site.)

Hello All! My membership was just approved yesterday woohoo! I am loving the site and the support that everyone gives each other. I have had h for 8 years. I contracted from a guy I had been seeing for a short amount of time. I have been careful these past 8 years. I've disclosed to a few partners most of them have been supportive and understanding about it. I've only had one person in particular flip out on me (because I didn't disclose to him first) and tried to kill us in a car accident a couple of times. It was like being in a car chase in an action film. Luckily he was a good driver and stopped us from hitting anything. After his initial shock wore off he was sorry for his reaction and we remain friends. Anyway I don't recommend being intimate with anyone before disclosing to them!!! With that being said I am here to support others and get support and advice from everyone else as well. I still have a hard time accepting myself emotionally, and so far the site and the YouTube Videos that Adrial has posted in The Herpes Opportunity are a great tool to help with accepting yourself as the same beautiful person you were before the h, so thank you Adrial and everyone else who contribute to helping young and old and the many men and women who are affected by this skin condition. My name is Amber and I'm 33 years old living in the Monterey Bay, CA! I am engaged and am looking for buddies male or female. Take care and much love to you all!

I've told my parents, my best friend, and my boyfriend about my diagnosis. They're very supportive and always there to listen, but it's hard to get feedback from them because they haven't gone through it themselves. I get really down and upset about it still often and it's hard to explain to them what I'm feeling when I don't fully understand it myself. I want to meet someone who I can talk to about herpes who can relate and understands what I'm going through so that we can help each other whenever we need it. Even just to have someone to listen that will understand what I'm talking about and how I'm feeling without me having to hunt for the right words to explain it would be incredible. So if anyone else is in search of an (h)buddy, I'm absolutely up for it.

By the way, if it's relevant or anyone wants to know; my name is Tayler. I am a twenty-year-old female from New Jersey.

Hey everyone so happy I found this site. I would love to have a buddy no preference. My name is Tash I'm 26 and I was diagnosed in September with HSV2. It's been really hard trying to cope and the only person I talk to is my doctor. I live in the Caribbean it doesn't matter if your near I just really need someone to talk to......I'm currently on suppressive therapy because I had outbreak after outbreak due to being stressed. Even taking valtrex I still feel like I'm gonna have an outbreak. Hope to hear from someone!