• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi - I am from San Diego and I would like someone to "mentor" me through this process. I am a female, asymptomatic hsv 2 (just diagnosed) and hsv 1 orally for 20 + years.

I am looking for help doing the disclosure talk - maybe do some practice ones? Via Skype or? Female mentor would be best I think. I am 46, but very young at heart and in my lifestyle. Married and divorced twice, now newly single after a 6 year relationship that ended 3 months ago. Usually a huge flirt and healthy outlook on sex, but this has changed my life and I'm trying to work around and through it.

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the discussions and information on this site for a couple weeks now, since I found out I have herpes. I have yet to get a blood test and am slowly coming to terms with the idea of having this new condition in my life. Slowly, but surely. Anyway, I've found a lot of what people have shared on this site to be so helpful in these first scary and confusing weeks! I would love to have someone with whom I can chat individually! Hopefully it will spark a friendship and build on both our support systems.

I'm a 23 year old female living in the twin cities, Minnesota. I don't have a preference of my buddy's gender. I would love to find someone in my area so that maybe we could eventually meet and hang out in person, but I welcome anyone who would like to message me to reach out. I would greatly appreciate someone who has a bit more knowledge and experience than I do. And perhaps it would be nice to speak with someone who is also single, because my biggest obstacle right now is the thought of the inevitable disclosure discussions that will be occurring at some point and I'm very curious about anyone's experiences with a less ccommitted sexual lifestyle (friends with benefits, occassional sexual partners, etc.).

Thanks to anyone who takes an interest and I hope to hear from someone :)

I'm 27 living in Toronto Ontario Canada eh! I've had herpes for just over a year now (not sure if hsv1 or hsv2 but most likely hsv1 as it was contracted through oral sex) I'm really glad I found this support group and hope to make some buddies! I'm currently going through my 4th or 5th OB but this has been the worst since the first one.. :( I'm a student and haven't been to class in 2 days, I'm dealing with teachers asking for doctors notes etc.. (I missed a test) It's all just so overwhelming..

49 y/o male looking for support in Minnesota. I have had hsv2 for some 26 years. Married for 18 years but wife has soured and gotten extremely mean and seems to be making an exit plan. Staying together for the kids would work for me but as she grows more toxic probably not the best. The thought of a potential divorce is overwhelming.

My name is brittany. I was just diagnosed yesterday with herpes. I have a horrible outbreak and I cant I cant even get out of bed. Im scared for my kids and im scared for my boyfriend who has shown no signs. Im only 24. Ive called the national herpes hotline all day with no answer. I really jist need someone to talk to.

Yeah I need support and lots of it. Gender doesn't mayter but someone in my similar situation would help me most. 40+mom of three. Went through a divorce and a complete renewal of myself physically. Bam first relationship out the door leaves me with HSV1 g. I'm beyond fucked up over this. That relationship has ended so it's hitting me smack in the face. Don't even know how to breathe most days, wish death on myself and am so lonely and scared.

If you are strong- help me.

I'm a 22 year old female from Dallas, Tx that still keeps myself closed off from society and dating. I've researched and know the statistics, but I still keep lowering my self esteem. I guess talking with someone who is going or has gone through what I am will help me look at life as a glass half full.

i have been living with H for over 25 years now, i would love an H buddy, im in southern california, in the inland empire, los angeles area.im a 38 year old male who contracted H as a teenager, people think that i must have coped with it by now , but the truth is i still have not because i do not talk to anyone about it.

Hey I'd like a buddy don't care if it's male or female in the NJ area. I'm newly diagnosed and I'd love to have someone to talk to about this. Mostly I just want positivity to talk about life and this journey full of highs and lows. I know there is absolutely a spiritual dimension to this that is undeniable. I'd like to talk to someone about this perspective.

I would love a herpes buddy for mutual support or as a supporter.

Where: St.Paul, MN

Who: preferably female, bi, gay or pan; otherwise looking for a wide range of support including any gender or sexual orientation

I have been living with genital herpes HSV-1 for 3-4 months. I am seeking support because it has been a challenging process.

Hi Everyone!

Is there anyone in Chicago? 32, F, north side. If you're in city limits, that would be great - north side peeps are even a better match. I'm looking to connect virtually, then voice, and eventually meet. I'm *so* up for having a live buddy. I'm a free spirit who is expressive and fun with a minimal filter so if you're cool with that, then we'd likely vibe. I'm up for a male or female friend... or hell, why not both?!? Let's see what The Universe appoints. :) Brownie points for you if you are into Spirituality.

I was diagnosed mid November 2014. I freaked out, read some things/lurked on this site, felt better upon getting stats, then forgot about it. I think I made the decision to just avoid my feelings so I could not deal with any of this. I started therapy end of Nov. (totally unrelated reasons) and am now ready to explore the self-rejection and shame I am inflicting upon myself. Now that I think about it, I see how avoiding the subject altogether contributed to my horrid energetic, mental, and spiritual state at the end of the year. Ahhhh, hindsight, gotta love it!

Looking forward to meeting some Chicago buddies!

Hey everyone! I'm a 22-year-old woman who was diagnosed with genital HSV-1 about seven months ago. I just found this wonderful website today and am so grateful to become part of a community of caring, mindful people that have been on this same - sometimes incredibly difficult - journey that still feels so new to me. I am currently doing a teaching fellowship in Japan, but reside primarily in New York. So if you're okay with having an HBuddy who will be on a totally bizarre schedule for the next six months (a 14-hour time difference between here and the East Coast), but who loves nothing more than providing support, encouragement, accountability, and laughter to others, I'm your gal. And, to be honest, I could use much of the same. No preferences in regards to age, gender, or anything else, for that matter. Can't wait to meet you!

Hey everyone! I've literally been accepted to this site an hour ago so I am very very new here! I'm also very new to finding out i have Herpes so I would LOVE support! I've honestly been in a very big funk ever since finding out I'm H+ & I'm having a really hard time getting out of it. I would love my "HBuddy" to be somewhere around my age (i'm 19) male or female.. I'm not picky. uhmmm honestly I don't really know what other qualities in a "Hbuddy" i need... I just want someone to tell me their expeirence and the positives they've had with dealing with this. I'm just trying to get back into a happy state of mind despite this (: Feel free to message me!